Sunday, November 12, 2006

$314,000!!!

That's the amount of money raised last night for the Winchester Hospital Breast Care Center. The party was pretty amazing. It was held at the brand spankin' new Westin hotel next to the brand spankin' new Boston Convention Center. The event was, as they say in the society papers, "glittering". We wanted to raise funds to purchase an MRI Guided Coil Breast Biopsy machine. It gives greater accuracy in determining where to operate and how much to take out when excising lesions. And it doesn't come cheap. But last night's fundraiser went a long way toward purchasing one, so women will be able to have access to this state-of-the-art technology without having to go into Boston. Yay!!!!!

Oh yes, the dress:

It was a silk taffeta/Alencon lace stunner by Arnaldo Couture. And damn, I looked hot! The only question I have is, why the heck do I spend so much time working out my arms, only to have them look humongous in photographs? Sigh...

Yes, this dress required a serious amount of double sided tape:


Thank goodness for Bug Catcherz! I bought a package called Lacebugz, and they really worked well. I was even able to swing dance and rhumba with my husband without showing anything I didn't intend.

One of our party, Kim, really got into the spirit of things, wearing Nu Bra earrings:

I think she also got into the spirits of things!

Well, it was a great night. I woke up today with a sore throat. So I think I'll go up to my sewing room and finish my HotPatterns Tango Blouse and drink tea. You can find out more about the Winchester Hospital Breast Care Center by clicking here: Winchester Hospital Breast Care Center

Happy sewing!

17 comments:

Gigi said...

Congratulations! You look positively divine - but what else would we expect from a Diva?

Lisette M said...

You look fabulous!!!

Summerset said...

Congrats to those who are going to benefit from the funds!

You looked stunning! The dress, hair, makeup, everything!

Erica Bunker said...

You looked incredible!

Anonymous said...

You look mahvelous (said in my best Billy Crsytal imitation) - LOVE the hairstyle too. We're all still waiting for you to upload a podcast of you singing - aren't we everyone? Pretty please?

Mary Beth said...

Yes, Mz Mar T, we certainly are awaiting that podcast! Patience, they say, however, is a virtue....

What a beautiful, successful, marvelous Diva you are, Ann! Rest well and recuperate for the next few days.

Anonymous said...

That dress is HOT. You looked stunning.

I, too, wore black last night at an elegant event, but my outfit was prim by comparison. Fitted lace top over a long slim skirt, and the requisite pearls, of course.

Lorna said...

My oh my ... snazzy! Love the hair style! Love the dress ... love the cause. Congrats on being part of such a neat event!

Linda L said...

VaVaVaVoom! You look great. Glad the fundraiser was successful and you got to rhumba and have a great time! Hope the sore throat goes away.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Ann!
BTW, you look amazing! Makeup, hair, dress...simply gorgeous, darling!

Anonymous said...

You looked fabulous, dahling. Love your current hair length and the dress was YOU. No one would ever guess that you were stickier than a Post-it note.

Phyllis said...

Spock Lives! Gotta love a woman willing to wear Nu Braw ears...

Cindy said...

Wowza! You look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

The arms in photographs trick is to drop your shoulders down and back and then tuck your elbows back into the hollow puffing you chest out creates. Lengthens the neck, makes the most of what momma gave ya, and slims the arms! Problem is I can never remember to do it! Ha!

Congrats on the fundraising and the fab outfit!

Alisa_Benay said...

how totally funny! why is she holding her nubra? was she wearing it and took it off? or does she just carry around an extra pair in her purse? really, that's just too funny!

congrats on a successful fundraiser!

Els said...

Fabulous look Ann.

vespabelle said...

hubba hubba!