
Alright! Woo hoo! The LaRue bag is complete. What a fun pattern. I love the size of the bag, and I love the leathers I used to make it. I also like the more classic look it gets when you fold it down:

The only problem I had was with the soft brown leather - it was very squirrely to work with when I made the strap. I may call Leather Suede Skins to see if they have any pre-made strapping. The fun thing is that I was able to make this bag completely from stash. It was very easy to make. The only PITA was the binding at the armhole. One lovely thing about working with fur is that it can hide a multitude of sins!
Happy Sewing
11 comments:
Another great one for you, Ann! That is so neat looking, I think I like the fur better than the leather as well. It is so unique.
A gorgeous bag for a gorgeous woman.
Tracey- Lesbian sewist..
Love the bag, Ann. It is just beautiful. Sommerset (Pins and Needles) made this in a black and white houndstooth. What a versatile pattern.
Ann, congrats on the finished “La Rue Bag” your version is gorgeous and much nicer than the original bag from the movie. The leather and goatskin you used makes this one stand out in the crowd.Any chance we can take a peek inside the bag?
OMG, that bag is fantastic! What a great winter accessory!
Your version is great! I like the way you did the binding, nice contrast. What did you end up using for a lining?
Smashing! Very Rocker and classic at the same time. You should have a lot of fun using it! I did "cheat" when I made mine and used some of the strapping I had gotten from you! Worked divinely and beautiful stuff!
Absolutely stunning. Love it.
LaRue, e'est fantastique! Your version is the bomb. Great choice of fur as the outer fabric. I love it.
What a fun bag - the fur makes it! I have a top to complete first (otherwise it may become an UFO), but my LaRue is cut out and ready to sew. Thanks for sharing!
Stunning
Post a Comment