Friday, January 12, 2007

I'm Hyperventilating

I don't get flustered too easily, but I just got an email from some friends that has me feeling like I had too many Starbucks coffees. To whit:

'Hi Ann,

I have to tell you that we were at Laura's in her kitchen talking about dresses, our readers, and then I mentioned your dress to her. I said "Oh, Laura, I have to show you this dress one of our readers made inspired by you and your dresses. You'll love it." So, I ran to her computer, clicked on your link on our page and showed it to her. She LOVED it. She really did. She said and I quote her here "It's better than some of my stuff." I kid you not. Then she said "Who is she? Is there a picture of her?" So, I scrolled up and showed her your picture and I said "Isn't she fabulous? Her name is Ann. We love her." So she said (and I kid you not again) "Oh, she comments on your blog a lot, doesn't she? I remember her. She is fabulous." I thought you'd like that. : - ) '

My heart is still pounding! Now, I also don't get all ga-ga eyed about celebrities, but if I ever had the chance to meet Laura Bennett in person, I think I would be utterly speechless for the first time in my life. Well, the second actually.

Happy sewing! I know I am!!!!

14 comments:

Connie B said...

Now how utterly cool is that! I am not lucky enough to be able to see the current seasons- but I keep up via the internet-and my 17 year old and I have been watching season one and two together this week! Laura Bennett is so great! (but perhaps I just think so 'cause she also has 5 children!)
By the way - the compliments were definitley warranted!

Leslie in Austin said...

I'm not surprised. I get the distinct impression that Laura easily recognizes fabulousness when she sees it.

Lisette said...

OMG!!!!!!!! T&L AND LAURA!!!!!!
I am riddled with emotions: jealous that you get to be one of the cool kids (totally deserved, but I'm still jealous!) and SO. Freakin. Psyched. for you! Pop in and see her when your in NYC and show her the dress in person!

Lisa Laree said...

Ann, that's terrific! I was so hoping she'd manage to see your dress! Praise from the Master is true praise, indeed...but that dress certainly merits it! Thanks for all the inspiring YOU do!

Lorna said...

I agree, you should try and hook up with her if you can while in NYC and show off that dress in person ... and find out what she is doing now!

Tini said...

Ann, I still have NO clue who that Laura is because Project Runway isn't aired in Germany but I think you deserve all praises for that gorgeous dress!

Summerset said...

That's fantastic! You deserve it for such a great dress. On actually meeting Laura, that would be very interesting, two divas together!

NancyDaQ said...

Kudos, my dear. It is a fabulous dress! And of course, talent knows talent...I'm thrilled for you.

Anonymous said...

[disdainful sniff. what do sour grapes smell like? ] Poor Ann. It's only January 12th and the most exciting thing that could happen this year has already occurred. The rest of the year has got to look pretty anticlimactic. Try to keep your chin up, darling. (Karla excuses herself to look for makeup that will neutralize the envious green undertone in her complexion.)

Vic said...

I hope it was your birthday, because that's a perfect present.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so cool!

Neefer said...

Like Candyo said, "so cool!"

It must feel nice to get the recognition (that you do deserve :) from someone you admire. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

DH wants to ask "What was the first time?"

Gorgeous Things said...

Why, when you proposed, Sweetheart!