Yah, right
Here's the view from my bedroom window around 7:30 this morning.

You know what folks in New England do in a snowstorm? They make French Toast. Really. Yesterday, the shopping malls were empty, but the grocery stores were jammed. And they were cleared out of bread, eggs and milk. And this happens every single time the forecasters tell us we're going to get a snowstorm. You can't find bread, eggs, or milk anywhere within a 20 mile radius. So when people wake up to snow in New England, they must make French Toast. Prove me wrong.
But Chez Us, we make BEBs, with cheese - that's Bagel, Egg and Bacon sandwiches. Mmm, mmm, mmm! Total artery chokers, but what the hell, we haven't had a snowstorm in over a year, so it's time to have a cholesterol bomb.
Today will also hopefully give me the opportunity to finish my second incarnation of the HotPatterns Tango Blouse. I decided to stabilize the shoulder seams because the crepe was quite stretchy.

And I put the organza frill on it, taking Sewing Diva Georgene's advice and cutting the frill on the bias, in a doubled layer.

I may add some black lace to it, I'll take a look at it later today and decide. I also need to decide on what buttons to use for it. I'm not sure what I have in my stash that's appropriate. But given the progress of this storm, I don't think I'll have much trouble getting out later to go to Fabric Place if I need to.
Oh, snowstorms like this do have the advantage of making the squirrels easy to spot. We call it Squirrel TV.

Happy Valentine's Day!
5 comments:
Oh, I'm so jealous of your snow! It's beautiful as long as you don't have to leave the house. :-)
Your blouse is a stunner! I really like the sleeve ruffle.
The blouse is beautiful, I love your fabric choice. I just have to make one of these. The style is so gorgeous.
Yep, they shut down our area today too. And I think we got about 4". What is this? We are used to this stuff! It did push me to go to the grocery store and do my grocery shopping for the week. It was like going on Christmas Eve, packed and no carts available! And no, I don't make french toast. I'm like you, this is the one time to load up on the comfort food - I made spaghetti and meatballs. It is my once a year, snowing out meal. Pair that with a nice bottle of wine and a fire and we are just as happy as your dog is hunting for the squirrels!
If you get a chance, could you visit my blog and give me your opinion on my last entry? I would really love your input. I think I am on the verge of a major shift in my thinking on pattern drafting. And hearing from others like you would help me tremendously. Thanks!
The blouse is lovely. I also love that red sleeve ruffle.
I laughed out loud when I read your sentence about throwing out the stash fabric that has aged more than a two years. My reaction too!
You would laugh if you were here - they shut down the entire city here yesterday and closed every school district based on weather Forecasts for snow. We ended up getting less than 2", but from the news reports you'd think it was Armegeddon.
I just figured out this week that you are the Anne that wrote the article on pressing for Threads. Good article. Good info.
Here in Colorado we're already had 4 blizzards this year. If I have to dig through the box for one more mitten mate, I'm going to scream. When I lived in Ohio, everyone talked about the blizzard of '78!
Beautiful blouse! I love the fabric colour and the buttons are simply stunning!
Post a Comment