I almost never work shows, but I asked to do this one because we were hosting it along with Beaucage Salon. Beaucage holds a special place in my heart. For 10 years, I sat in the owner's chair every 6 weeks for cut and color, and I wanted to see him again. We parted on great terms, only because I left high-tech and started my own business. The fact is that beauty services at that salon were (kid you not) higher on my monthly expenses than my Mercedes Benz car payment (and I had an E320, so that tells you something). So we caught up last night and spent about an hour jawboning about life, kids, dogs, spouses, houses, business. It was great. I bid on a haircut with him in the silent auction, so hopefully I won.
Of course, if you're going to work a fashion show and wear a fierce dress, you gotta wear fierce shoes to go with it. So I went on a hunt over the last week, and at 3:00 yesterday afternoon, I finally found the perfect pair!

Black patent leather Via Spigas with just a hint of white trim. Perfect! And they were surprisingly comfortable. I wore them without stockings all night, and I was on my feet 90% of that time. The rest of the time I was on my knees hemming and pinning. After 5 hours, my feet actually didn't hurt very much. That's a good shoe, in my book. One other product note: if you have lily white legs like mine, and you want to forego stockings (too matronly) or self tanner (too orangey), I heartily recommend Air Stocking. Great stuff! It covers up everything, but looks really nice. NAYY, I get it at Sephora. It looks much better on than the drugstore brands. And it won't rub off on your clothes.
Hopefully the evening was a great success for the Marfan foundation. It was a lot of fun. Draya (sp?) the photographer, took a bunch of pictures and is going to send them to us, so hopefully I'll post one soon. He got one of me teaching one of the models how to walk (that was a hoot!), that got the whole outfit, so we'll see what he sends. Oh, and one other happy note, one of the bartenders at the club fell completely in love with my La Rue bag, and commissioned me to make one for her!
I'm finishing up one last task for the super triple secret project, then I'll post that tutorial. Promise!
5 comments:
Sounds like a load of fun! I can't wait to see the pictures.
those shoes are very very cute!!
Definitely fierce shoes.
Can I just say "thanks" for looking fabulous at a fashion show? Some of the ones I've been in, the people organizing/choreographing it looked like they were going to a softball game not a fashion show. They didn't change into another outfit once the show started, either!
Summerset you crack me up! the same goes for fashion designers who appear to confine their own wardrobe to a collection of black t-shirts and jeans. Phyllis
And I knew radio professionals (big markets) who couldn't be touched with a mike in front of their faces, but at home and otherwise were total bores.
Post a Comment