Here's an excerpt from the interview she did with the PRGayBoys:
"Us: Tell us a little about Dress for Success. How did you get involved with them? Is it because you're always so successfully dressed?
Her: I was successfully dressed when I approached Dress For Success to see if I could help them in any way. I was honored when they asked me to be a spokesperson. I have always believed that if you look great, you feel great and great things will happen; sort of fashion Karma. That is the root idea behind the organization.
Dress For Success is a great charity that promotes economic independence to disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools. I love the idea that an amazing chain of events for a woman can start with an interview suit. The concept is so simple yet so powerful."
Read the complete interview hereThat woman ROCKS!
Happy sewing!
2 comments:
So wonderful to see this post! I adore Laura Bennett, which is how I found T&L's and your blog.
And, interestingly, I've been involved with our local Dress for Success affiliate, working with their board and soliciting clothes from my professional girlfriends.
Thanks for the link to the article!
Great interview... Laura is such a superb designer.
Post a Comment