Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Miss Me?

Oy! What a couple of days it has been! Sorry to be out of touch, but I have been up to my eyeballs in alligators while searching for the swamp plug. Here, I'll let you in on what's been happening. DH's company is just about to lay of 20% of the staff, so he's been going crazy on a personal and professional level. The likelihood is that he won't be let go, but sometimes that's not a good thing, you know? And two senior members of his department (he was the third) left the company 2 months ago, so he's been a crazy man trying to keep up with the workload.

That means that yours truly gets to do the baseball playoffs runabout. Both kids are still in the playoffs (Gawd, please, when will this end???) No really, I'm thrilled for them. Really I am... Really. But between that, work, and getting my latest BeSewStylish.com post in the can, life has been a little hectic, you know?

But I'm still around. And I'm just about to start on another dress for my niece. This time I'm going to make her a HotPatterns Tee-Shirt Dress.

I'm going to make it from a cabana striped jersey I have in a bright pink and white.

She picked it out, and I think it will look adorable on her!

Alas, there are only so many hours in a day, and since I signed on as a contributing editor to BeSewStylish, I can't keep all my usual balls in the air, so I'll be bowing out of The Sewing Divas Blog. I'll still post here and at BeSewStylish.com. I will continue to be an avid reader of the pearls of wisdom that my Darling Divas disperse. And I'll always be a Diva. After all, I did coin the term, "La Sewing Diva, C'est Moi!"

Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

Bonnie O. said...

Just when I think I have identified all the patterns I MUST HAVE, a new one pops up! This is an adorable dress and would be very cute done in many of your knits!

Anonymous said...

Ann, I'll always think of you as one of the sewing divas! I enjoy the sew stylish blog. You approach everything with such professionalism and knowledge. You have one of the best fabric sites, your enthusiasm for the fabric and the sewing suggestions are always appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous -- Good wishes to HD (and to you on the home front). I know how stressful that shizzle can be.

(I love your comments at the Boys and other places. Thanks so much for them. You're a real doll.)

-- desertwind

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Sew Stylish site!

I can't wait to see the new dress made up - it's going to be so cute!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping up such a great resource sewing site! I am your visitor from Fukuoka Japan, but I'm actually a native Montanan teaching English abroad. I have a question about petite patterns. I'm too small for a vogue 6 (I fall somewhere between a 2 and a 4) so I have to size down EVERY pattern I buy. While I don't mind making minor adjustments, the mass alternations I have to do make it almost not worth it to buy patterns at all. Do you have any advice for us petites? Is there a pattern company that sells smaller patterns? Or should I just invest in a good "make your own pattern" book--in which case, what do you recommend? Thanks in advance!

-peaquah
kyushuchronicles.wordpress.com