Friday, August 31, 2007

Fave-rave Tailoring Blogs

Thank you to PACC, I was introduced to a very informative and entertaining blog. Martin Stall Bespoke. He's a bespoke tailor in Spain. His blog isn't very extensive, but it's quite fun to read and informative. I love the section on comparing the armscye of a high-end RTW suit to a custom suit. Another great tailoring site is The English Cut. Both are definite must-visits!

Happy tailoring!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for Martin Stall Bespoke. Very nice site. I have problems getting the arm hole, or arm scye to feel really comfortable in jackets. I do a forward shoulder adjustment, and that helps, but I still have some issues. Can you point me to a source that explains how to fit the arm scye more accurately?
You can email me at nkarpen@earthlink.net

Anonymous said...

Ann - thanks so much for pointing to Martin Stall. I read that armscye piece also. That photograph of the rtw suit on the dummy is mind-boggling. The whole armscye thing is something that I truly wish I could get a workshop on I end up making sleeveless things all the time because I can't fit that and it bothers me no end.

Pam Erny said...

Hello Ann,

As a classically trained Tailor I've been following Martin Stall's site for a while. It brings me back to my roots....the very same techniques having been taught to me many years ago during my apprenticeship with my Master Tailor. I was in the Pharmaceutical business by day, padding lapels, setting sleeves and shirt collars by night...and weekends.

Looking back, those were some of the best days of my life...so much learned...

Pam from ~OFF THE CUFF STYLE~

andrea said...

Very nice site.