Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Back from New York!

Miss me?

I haven't done anything on the jeans because I spent the last two days in New York on business. I love going to New York. It's exciting; it's vibrant; it's still a fast-beating pulse of the fashion world. It's Exhausting!!! This trip was no exception. It was also unseasonably warm. It was in the 70s with high humidity. I stayed downtown and did all my business in midtown. And there was a cab strike going on. Apparently, the city wants to put credit card machines in the cabs, and the cabbies don't want that so they called a strike last night. It was weird - there were no cabs when I walked out of the office building. Manhattan had a vaguely ghost-town feel to it.

But I got the business done that needs to be done (check Gorgeous Fabrics over the next day or two to see some of that). To those whose specialty fabrics I picked up, I'll send them out tomorrow. Eithne, I found three GREAT silver buckles that are so designer, and I'll send those to you. I want to see an amazing trench!

My friend Barb came with me on this trip. She split off and did her thing while I was in meetings, but we met back up later. And we had dinner with Emmett! We went to a great tapas place in the East Village near his store. It's called Xicala, and it was fantastic! We had so. much. fun! Barb and I have known each other for 21 years. She's my son's godmother; I'm her son's godmother. People used to mistake us for sisters when we went to the same hair stylist. And Emmett? It's like we're all siblings separated at birth. We spent all evening telling stories about our Irish families and all the shenanigans therein. Funerals are never so funny as when you get three Irish Americans together. And we met Pierre, Emmett's TDF boyfriend, and Gizmo, his dog. It was such a fun time, I'm still laughing about it! Oh, by the way, if you get a chance, definitely go to Emmett's store and check it out. For my fashionista non-sewing friends, and even for my sewing friends, he has some A-MAY-ZING coats. I lust severely after several of them. He has come out recently with a gowachuss shoe collection. I ordered a pair of boots, and I cannot wait to get them. They are both beautiful and comfortable. Believe me when I say, he's going big. Real big, and real soon. Prognostications away!

Tomorrow it's back to work - well, that was work too, only different. And I will get back to the sewing room and to work on the jeans.

Here's a picture of Barb, Emmett and me.


Yeah, I think a fun time was had by all.
Happy sewing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gawd, you are so fabulous, darling! I am green with envy. :-)

Adrienne said...

Ohh what did you bring me back? LOL

Allison said...

Can't wait to see the jeans made up!