So, didja miss me? My god, I have been so flat out it hasn't been funny. It hasn't been much fun, either. But be on the lookout for an article in the next issue of SewStylish Magazine. I wrote a post for BeSewStylish.com, and I just delivered a big job for a private client. We spent last weekend at a completely over-the-top Bar Mitzvah in New York (at the Rainbow Room atop Rockerfeller Center) that would require about four blog posts to adequately describe. We got to see how the Other Half lives. It was a blast, and DH came up with a new game: Crazy Relatives Bingo.
So now? It's Me Time!
Well, I also have to make DS the younger a new bathrobe, but I'm going to make myself a dress first. And the dress I'm going to make is this one from Butterick:

It's a Maggy London. I love the cowl neck, and I think it will make a great dress for some singing gigs I have coming up. I've got this Paisley Novelty Knit and this Coordinating Rayon Jersey. I think I may make the ruched waistline from the jersey. I haven't decided yet, though. I have to make one last delivery to a store, but then I'll be spending the rest of the weekend in the cutting room.
Happy sewing!
3 comments:
Isn't that a beautiful dress? Can't wait to see your version of it.
I love that pattern - it's going to be a gorgeous dress (no pun intended)!
Great combination of fabric and pattern. I was just cyber shopping at Goregous Fabrics and decided to check your blog for your latest creation. Now, I'm going back to Goregous Fabrics to take another look. It's soooo hard to choose when there are soooo many beautiful fabrics to choose from.
Post a Comment