Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Black is Black....

I got a very sweet note from Miriam the other day. She said, in effect, "Yeah, nice singing and all, Ann, but let's get down to brass tacks. What did you wear???"

Fair question. Concert dress was all black for the ladies, so I pulled out a couple of concert standbys. First up was a camisole that I made back in 2005, Simplicity 5327 (now out of print):


For a skirt, I wore my slit-up-to-there silk straight skirt that I wear for most concerts:


But I didn't have anything black to wear with the cami, so I made a repeat of my fave-rave New Look 6543 Shrug. Here it is with the cami underneath.


So that's what I wore. I don't have a picture of me in it, but I completed the outfit with heels and fishnets.

Happy sewing!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOO, just lovely. And the scrollwork is...?

Summerset said...

That cami is so beautiful - you must be a joy to see and hear in concert.

Anonymous said...

One cami is black, the other teal - are the one and the same? Can you tell us about the lace motif? Was that part of the fabric or something you sewed on?

Gorgeous Things said...

It's just one black cami. The teal effect may be an artifact of the flash on my camera. Or just differences in monitors. (shrug) Computers, you know?

Anyway, to answer the question about the lace. It is a galloon of stretch black and silver lace that I bought at Spandex House in New York about 3 years ago. I simply put it over the top of the cami, affixing it at the side seams and the straps. I put darts in it at the bust to shape it.

Avril said...

Ann, you are so talented. Blessings to You.

Avril

Linda L said...

Truly gorgeous!!!

Cennetta said...

Outstanding! Love the outfit.