
I really am going to start on the GoPatterns dress this week. But between Christmas, birthday, work, and kids being on vacation, I didn't think it was the time to embark on a couture adventure. But I desperately needed to sew something, so I decided to pull this baby out of my pattern stash and have at it.
Pattern Description: From Vogue's website - "MISSES’ JACKET, TOP, DRESS AND PANTS: Long sleeve jacket may be worn open or lower edges can be tied at front waist; sleeveless pullover top or dress has narrow hem finish on neck and armhole; pull-on pants have elastic waist finish." I made view A, the jacket
Pattern Sizing: 8-22, I made a size 14.
Did it look like the photo/drawing? Yes. I used a slightly heavier fabric than they show, so it is a little loftier than the photos show. Because of the loft, I can't tie it at the waist like they show, but I'll make it look fabulous in other configurations. (snicker!)
How were the instructions? Didn't use them. This pattern is two more or less rectangles with holes cut in them for the sleeve. It really doesn't get much easier than this.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I wanted something quick to sew up, and I am into wearing jackets like this for work, so this fit the bill perfectly.
Fabric : Über Cool Wool Terry from Gorgeous Fabrics (natch). I gotta tell you, all bias aside, this is one fabulous fabric! I used my serger for the CB seam and to finish the edges prior to hemming. For the sleeves, I used my Pfaff set to zigzag with a .5mm width and 3.0mm stitch length. I finished the sleeve seams on the serger.
Any pattern or design changes? Nope, none.
Would you do it again? Hmmm, probably not. That's no reflection on the pattern. It's great. But this is a one-fer to me. I do recommend it. It's an execellent choice for an advanced beginner or even an adventurous beginner.
Conclusion: Here are some pictures of the jacket from several angles:
Front

Front the way I will probably wear it

Back, so you can see where it hits on the horizontal

Side

Yes, this is a good pattern. I'm not sure about the rest of the wardrobe, but the jacket is a winner!
Happy sewing!
9 comments:
I'm so glad you did this review. I've had this pattern in my stash for months. It was about to be purged! I have 2 yds of wool jersey in my stash that would be perfect!
Cute jacket, I love the way you are going to wear it.
Oh my. I love it swept over you shoulder all dramatic like!
Wow Ann that is one great top! I can see you striding the streets of NYC with it wrapped over your shoulder! Thanks for a great review!
I love it and I want to make it.
I like this. Have had this pattern forever but never got around to making it up. Love the fabric.
I love it. It so chic. I've to skip over to Joann's to pick this one up. Thanks for the review.
This is an elegant look that I have no idea how to pull off. I really like it!
I like this look when I see it on others but somehow it gets to be too much loose fabric for me.
Post a Comment