Back to the subject at hand. Here are some observations from the fitting muslin thus far:
- The skirt is too long on a 5'6" frame like mine. I need to take it up about 2 inches.
- I fitted the bodice, then I added the skirt. In fitting the bodice, it seemed too short, so I added 1/2 inch below the bust in the mid ribcage. Nope. Once you put the skirt on the dress, the original proportions are correct, maybe even a little long on me. I'm not exactly short waisted, but I am not long waisted by any stretch. Lesson learned - wait until all pieces are put together before making length adjustments.
- The pattern is very well drafted. I have found no errors, and it goes together beautifully. I didn't need the directions.
- It's pretty easy to adjust for a full/small bust. There's a lot of easing between the side front and the center front, but it works well. even in cotton muslin.
- The proportions of the bodice make it all but impossible to convert this to a shoulder princess seam. I've looked for some shoulder princess seam dresses, but I can't find anything that comes close, so I think I'll use this and the Marfy pattern as-is, and make everything armhole-princess.
Stay tuned!
1 comment:
I'm actually really happy the Chargers won. The regular season Indy game was a bit too close for comfort...
I'm so looking forward to Sunday! Also, I just noticed I'm listed on your links - thanks!
Cheers,
Reethi
Post a Comment