Ha! And if you believe that, come over here and look at this lovely bridge I am selling.
No seriously - I won't. My best friend Barb will make sure of it. She's good for smacking me back down if I get bad.
Anyway - the party! So when last we blogged, the Fabulous Project RunGay Boys and I were gadding about, chatting up and photographing all the designers we could get my digital SLR in front of. And of course, that includes the current crop!
First up, The Winnah, and New World Champeen... Christian!

I had no opportunity to talk with him. I swear, the poor kid couldn't go to the bathroom without a posse of paparazzi trailing him. I'm just thrilled I was able to get a picture. What I can say about him is that he's teeny! And he has huge feet! What's that say about a man, again? Oh yeah... His boyfriend was there, and I wish I had gotten a shot of him. He and Christian have the Exact. Same. Hairstyle. It's really kind of cute. Say what you will about how he came across on screen, you have to admit that the kid is crazy talented. I was really very happy for him. And he was, indeed, fierce!
Now, speaking of how people come across on the screen, Carmen was there. Can I tell you? The woman is absolutely gowachuss! But even more than that? She is a sweetheart.

Honestly. She is a doll. I would sit down with her for coffee and bagels any time. I think she must have gotten on the bad side of one of the producers, because they edited her to seem like either a major bee-yotch or a whack job. She is neither.
Jack was there too.
Sweet Pea!

You know, some people seemed to really dislike her, but I always thought she seemed talented and nice. Well honeys, let me tell you. She's nice and she is SO much prettier in person. I told her that and she got all gosh-golly and so cute. I love this picture of her with Lorenzo.
.Work it girlfriends!
I got a shot of Ricky. He is as cute as a button. I just wanted to give him a pinch on his little punum! I only got to talk with him for a second before he had to do the press gamut, but he was very gracious.

My personal favorite - the man I would love to just hang out with and watch old Joan Crawford movies - Sissybear!

He seemed a little overwhelmed, but maybe that was because I talked with him right after he had run the press gamut. You gotta understand that the room was jammed to the rafters with photographers, videographers, boom operators and scary bouncers with no sense of humor. I would be overwhelmed. When I told Chris he was my absolute favorite he seemed rather abashed and pleased. Awwww - I just wanted to give him a big ol' hug!
Jillian. She's cute, she's sweet, she's young, she's talented, and she has a Hottie McHotterson for a business partner/boyfriend. B*tch.
No, no really. She's a sweetheart. If I were 20 years younger I might be jealous. But I'm in a happy place. Really.And her hair is perfect!
Rami is really, really cute! I love his smile. I didn't get a chance to talk with him, but he was very gracious and posed for me.
I hate to say it. Of the three collections, his was my least favorite. I loved some of the pieces in it, but the colors were not my cup of tea. I would have worked with more of the dot print had it been me. But hey, he's got a bright future regardless.The viewing was a blast. Tom and Lorenzo did a much better description than I can. Plus, I'm running out of steam But here's a parting shot. The front row during the screening, and after several cocktails!

Ah, what a wonderful time. Thank you TLo! This girl is going to be reminiscing fondly for months to come!
9 comments:
I'll say it again, I am green with envy!! So glad you had a FAB time :-)
Yeah. Wouldn't you just wanna be Chris' BFF?
*Who* doesn't like Sweet Pea?! How is that possible? I fell in aaawwww of her when she made that "Oh please don't make me!" startled face when Klum & doom was grilling her about who she would vote off in the epi 4 team challenge.
Fun! Thanks for sharing. I'll come back to these pics when I'm having withdrawal symptoms next Wednesday night.
Great pictures, great post, Ms Gorgeous. =') You really caught some perfect shots.
Loved to see Sweet P so happy and relaxed. She is beautiful.
And SissyBear. Too lovable.
It's been a fun season reading along with all of you. Thanks.
Christian's win reminds of YSL’s debut at Dior (also at the tender age of 21)… something tells me this kid will really really huge and he will not be another fashion anti-climax like Jay McCarroll, who I'm convinced really wants to be a media star rather than a fashion designer. I think Christian is more like ABBA. They won the Eurovision contest (which is like Project Runway is its faux reality) and yet they nonetheless went on to spectacular global success.
I've been loving all these PR posts... I'm living vicariously through you!
Wow, what a thrilling ride that was. Thank you soooo much for sharing it with us.
Ann, your very interesting recent posts. I am very glad to see you surrounded by big "stars" ... A big hug from Barcelona. Paco
Oh great pics! Thanks for sharing. Love the blog.
Post a Comment