
It's July. It's hot. It's the middle of summer and we are getting daily thunderstorms here. So I think it's time to start channeling fall! I've been jonesing over this pattern for a while, and I think it's time to channel Mad Men and make the pegged version. I'm going to do a muslin first, but I'm thinking it will make a fantastic fall skirt with This Tweed from Gorgeous Fabrics:

And I think I'm going to pair it with a top (I'm thinking turtleneck) made from Rayon Jersey in Deep Eggplant.
But then, lately my project plans have been as changeable as the weather, so we'll see what actually gets cut out. I have traced off the skirt in a size 10. So keep an eye out!
Happy sewing!
9 comments:
Love me those pencil skirts. Sometimes I wish my workplace wasn't so casual, because I adore a slim-fitting skirt.
Ann, I've done a muslin of this pattern, and I have a beautiful Glen plaid all set out for it. The styling is TDF. It is really very shapely and sexy. Very Mad Men!
Get sewing on that skirt, girl! I was looking at that pattern myself yesterday and would love to see your results and comments! That style of skirt is practically timeless.
Even with air conditioning I could not bring myself to sew a wool skirt right now - it's just too hot! But that pattern is SO cute I'be tempted in a stretch sateen. Does sewing wool make the weather cooler? :)
What a great outfit that will make!
I just love the slim skirts also - can't wait for your pictures of the finished product. Sounds like a perfect outfit.
Sarah
http://SewingBusiness.com
http://SarahJDoyle.com
Hey! I just finished making this (the pencil skirt) out of the denim colored linen I got from Gorgeous Fabrics. I love it -- it required a lot of fitting (probably due to my inexperience fitting -- I'm a total novice sewer) but it was well worth it. I already have fabric lined up for 2 more versions for fall.
Ann, I have a coworker who commissioned me to make her a Herve Leger bandage dress. Any idea where I can find that kind of fabric? It's like swimwear on steroids!
OMG Nikki, I used to have a Hervé Leger Bandage dress back in the 80s. It was made from strips of that fabric. I would call Spandex House in New York (I don't have the number in front of me, but you can google them and get it). They are the most likely to have it. Anyone else know who might carry it? Anyone??
Post a Comment