Thursday, October 09, 2008

You Have GOT to Check This Site Out!

I read three newspapers per day now. I added Women's Wear Daily to my roster. And given the depressing headlines stalking the other two, I'm glad I did. Though I must admit, lately the gloom has spread to the front page of WWD.

But you know what? This post isn't about that. This post is about fabulousness in its purest form, available for free online. To whit, WWD had an article on Tuesday about the latest offering from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. They are placing their entire catalogue online! And my favorite part?

The Costume Institute

Oh. My. God. How happy am I?? Want to see a Chanel Suit? Here you go!


Or a stomacher from the 18th century? Have at it.


Or how about Alexander McQueen's Oyster Dress? Look all you want.


Yes, I'm in heaven. I have a new fave rave site. Check it out, get inspired and have fun!

Happy sewing!
All photos: The Costume Institute

10 comments:

vespabelle said...

wowie zowie!

NancyDaQ said...

Oh joy!! This looks like loads of fun! Thanks for sharing.

BetsyV said...

WOW. Did you find the zoom button on some of them? And I love the Chanel jewelry too.

Thanks for cheering me up this afternoon,

BetsyV

Karen said...

Now I'm not going to get ANYTHING done tonight. Thanks, Ann. Thanks SO much. :)

Little Hunting Creek said...

This is awesome! And way more fun than watching the news. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

OMG...I was just looking at the hats!! thank you so much Ann for putting this up.

Meg said...

Oh that is too cool. Love it.

Alicia said...

Thank you! I'm in fashion shock now from the overload. Such a happy place to be!

AllisonC said...

Fantastic, thanks for highlighting this inspirational site!

Anonymous said...

The Zoom function is fabulous! The Oyster Dress...I am speechless, it is so magnificent!

Thanks for sharing Ann!