
Pattern Description: From the ShopOnion Website - "Close fitting top (A + B) or tunic/mini dress (view C + D). View A + D With large collar and 3/4 baggy sleeves (gathers at sleeve cap and hem). View B + C With very deep neckline and collar (meant for wearing with a top underneath), long baggy sleeves with wide cuffs (gathers at sleeve cap and hem). View C With gathers at side seams. View D With wide belt."
I made View C.
Sizing: XS to XL. I Made a Medium
How Was the Fit? Good. According to the pattern envelope, the medium is for someone with measurements just a hair bigger than mine. The small would have been a little too tight. The pattern runs true to size.
Did it look like the photo or drawing when you got through? Yes. Be warned - they tell you that View C is very low cut and they are not kidding! You can't wear it without a camisole underneath.
How were the instructions? Pretty good. They are translated from the Danish, but they are understandable. There are no illustrations.
Fabric Used: A wool jersey that has been aging in my stash for a couple of years.
Any changes? The instructions have you set in the sleeve (there is a lot of gathering at the sleeve cap). Instead, I gathered the sleeve caps and attached the sleeve using a flat attachment method (before the side seams are sewn up). This worked fine and I'll probably do it that way again.
Likes/Dislikes: This is a really cute pattern. It is also beautifully drafted. It practically falls together. I really like the style, and I really like the long sleeve bands. It's very comfortable. I'm going to wear this with tights, short boots and a belt for Thanksgiving dinner. And a camisole! Don't forget the camisole. I haven't made the self-belt yet, and I'm debating whether I will. I like the idea of a wide leather belt.
Would you do it again? Would you recommend it? Yes and yes! This is a great top for someone who is advanced beginner level or above. I really like this pattern. I think the next version I'll make will be the top with the higher neckline, but still with the sleeve bands. I'll try to put a picture of me up in it, but not tonight. I look like death warmed over tonight.
Conclusion: A real winner! Here's a picture of it on Shelley:

Tomorrow I'll get back to Tatiana's dress. LindsayT went to Spandex House for me earlier this week and got tricot mesh for the dress. Thanks Lindsay! BTW, the turquoise is an exact match to the dress. Great job!!!! So I'll have more on that one shortly.
Happy sewing!
10 comments:
Very cute and fun dress!
That, is a beautiful wool jersey and way fun tunic/dress.
This is gorgeous, the top and the fabric. I have been admiring this pattern, after seeing yours, I am heading to order.
A very beautiful dress. I do also have this pattern in my stash and wanted to make view c, too.
As reagrds the neckline: I am pretty sure that you have to wear a cami underneath in every version...
Regards,
Katrin
Gawd, that's cute! I will have to add that pattern to my list - it would look *adorable* with boots.
That is adorable! I drafted a pattern VERY similar to this except it has an oversized hood attached to the back of the cowl. I love your version of it! The stripes are so fun. ~Kara
Great Dress!
The fabric rocks..though I'd never get away with the wide repeat at my height (barely..just barely 5').
You've got the perfect hour-glass figure to pull it off with aplomb!
That's really cute! I might "need" that pattern
Nice review..! I love to wear tunic.
What a great dress - it looks so cozy, yet so stylish!
Post a Comment