Sunday, January 11, 2009

The View

It snowed again last night. This week they are predicting two more snowstorms, followed by sub zero weather. Sounds like it's time to make a boeuf bourgignon. Actually tonight I'm going to make a roast chicken. But I'm going to do the stew thing this week.

Here are a couple of shots for those of you who don't get to share in the wunnaful world of weather we get here in New England. First up, the view from our back deck:
Yes, the Mustang is a pig in the snow. No I don't drive it much in this weather.

Second - Hoover. He loves the snow, and he loves lying in snow banks while we're out shoveling. And he loves bounding across the snow after snowballs.
Okay, that's all for now. I'm heading up to the sewing room. Hopefully I'll have a review of the cardigan later today.

Happy sewing!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our three chickens have been trying to all fit into their single nest box, which is as comical as seeing three fat Shriners cramed into one of those little cars they drive in parades. Hilarious!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

We didn't get as much snow as you did either Ann - measured the snow on the deck and it's only 2.5" but there is enough ice and general yuckiness to make me glad that I don't have to go out!

But have you seen the pics of Giant Stadium and the people out tailgating in the parking lot already! I am either going to be very happy at the end of the day or very depressed! *LOL*

Summerset said...

Hmm. Kinda looks like the view from my house, just with different cars and houses across the street. No dog, and I'm sure the girls (cats) would be royally upset if I sent them out and expected them to play in the snow!

Anonymous said...

Ann - I think we got a good chunk of what you did also here in Upstate NY - after dinner last night, we shoveled about 6" (with ice underneath) and this morning, there were 4" more. Definite sewing weather.

Dr. Bennett said...

Darling, I am in LOVE with Hoover. If he ever needs a new home (or a spa vacation Down South), send him on to NC! My boys would love to play with him. :)

Karla said...

Whoa - makes the leaf-raking and driveway sweeping I need to do look pretty darned appealing. DH continues to whine because it didn't get up to 80 today. (As appealing as your GF coatings are, please do not ever let me order them.)

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Snow! Yuck!

I know Americans think of Canada as being very snowy but here in our part of BC, we have pretty moderate winters. But not this year. We got lots of snow and ice and we are not happy. :(

Our dogs however are having a great time. Bea and Sadie would love to have Hoover romp through the snow with them. The more the merrier!

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Thanks for the snow pics...we don't get much here. Last year I drove the kids 2 hrs north to my parents b/c I knew they would get snow and we wouldn't....just far enough south!

Anonymous said...

And here in New Zealand it's the middle of summer - T shirts and shorts all round! Even in winter we seldom get snow, and NEVER that much! I am so envious. But then I never have to shovel out my car, or footpath, so maybe I'm only a little envious.

No, I'm a LOT envious :-)

Sue said...

Just had a mini-holiday break at the beach - snow - what snow? - looks like fun to people who never have snow. Your dog looks like a lively barrel of fun!