Where was I? This post was supposed to go somewhere. Oh right! Tatiana's ballroom dress. Thanks to everyone who suggested I use Jalie as the base pattern for the leotard. They are so much better constructed and sized, and the instructions are crystal clear. I made a mockup of the leotard and had Tatiana try it on last night. It fit perfectly, though she wanted it taken in through the waist. She wants the leotard tight. I wish I had known that before - I would have used that super-suck-in powernet rather than the matte nylon lycra. Oh well, live and learn. So I modified the bodice and you can see the results on my size 6 mannequin, Shelley.

Tatitana's more like a size 2-4, so it will fit her great. Tomorrow I'm going to put the collar on and I'll make the skirt. For the skirt, I'm drafting a pattern that is pretty similar to this Burda:
Happy sewing!
6 comments:
With regard to Phil - did you see the news story where Staten Island's version of Phil (a ground hog to be sure but a New Yawk Ground Hog - perhaps 'an Eastern Metropolitan Marmot"?) bit Mayor Bloomberg yesterday in the NYC ceremonial GD event?
If Staten Island Phil saw his shadow, Mayor Bloomberg should have bitten *him*. On to the itsy bitsy teeny weeny leotard: I'd like a thigh measurement as small as Tatiana's waist. As Lee Ann Womack sings:
Inside her head may lay all the answers
For curing diseases from baldness to cancer
Salt of the earth and a real good dancer
But I really hate her,
I'll think of a reason later.
Yeah...snow...sucks...I'm sick of it...getting more....oy!
But wow will that dress be spectacular!
I have never been a fan of winter. When I lived in PA I thought I had died and gone to h---because there was snow in April. Moving there from Florida to not sit well with me any way. It keeps threatening to snow here in my area, but so far nothing. I assume that you are getting our share as well.
I have never been able to fathom how a groundhog - a mean tempered, nasty animal - became a harbinger of spring!
I guess,I am a minority and if I say this, you all won't chase me down will you?
Lol
I love winter *shields her head*
Actually I love Autumn more but,we do not get snow here and maybe if we had,I might hate it too.
The last time we had snow,was around 6 yrs ago and prior to that,about20 yrs before.
So you see,I am jealous.
Post a Comment