And while I'm doing that I think I'll make myself this little Burda Jumper:

For a top to wear underneath, I'm going to make a turtleneck from Get Ziggy With It Jersey.

The pairing was pure happenstance, and a happy happenstance at that! I had the jersey on my table and I was looking for something else and dropped that fabric on the bamboo, and it was an "Aha!" moment. The blues are exactly the same color. I think I'll use Kwik Sew 2740.

That gives me a to-do list for the week. The other "fun" thing that happened this week is that my dishwasher decided to give up the ghost after 11 years. Technically, I think it hasn't actually died yet, but it's not cleaning the dishes. Pieces of the racks are also starting to snap off, and the cutlery holder has big holes in the bottom that let silverware fall through. Sigh. So we went to Lowes and bought a new dishwasher, which will be installed at some point in the next two weeks. It's always something, eh? And we haven't been able to replace the shed yet because of the two feet of snow in the back yard.
Sigh....
Anyway, enough of that. I think the fabric is dry, so I'm off to the sewing room!
Happy Sunday!
13 comments:
Oh man. That's a perfect combo! Mind if I steal your idea? I could where that to work or out with the girls.
Go for it Dei! It's not stealing - it's flattering! :)
That will be so pretty!!! I just realized a couple of days ago that I have lost several patterns. It is driving me crazy.
I think the combo is great. Have fun! Right now, we are being blown away by wind, humidity and balmy weather. But no rain in sight...
Yes! That jumper is on my to-sew list! Now I'll know if it's worth making! :) I love the turtleneck idea but it won't work in FL. What other types of tops would work?
Nikki, I was thinking about that today too, since this jumper will be year round if I make a top that doesn't have high neck or long sleeves. That's why I picked that KS pattern. I think it will work well for warmer weather in the jewel neckline with the short sleeves. And the jewel neck will look good with the deep V of the jumper.
I love that jumper and top combo - I must keep an eye out for these patterns!
I have also ordered some of those bamboo jerseys over the week-end so I look forward to them arriving... maybe I should use one of those for this...
I love that! You fabric choices are incredible!
I keep coming back to this jumper as well. I am stuck in a rut with my clothes and need to try some new looks. I love your choice for the top to go with this.
The fabric combo is going to make that so much more intersting. I can't wait to see it!
Two exciting new projects. Beautiful fabric..., Stop it...., you are making want to hurry home and start sewing. ;-)
LOVE the jersey.....maybe I need to place an order - got any left?!
Love the design of that jumper!! I look forward to reading about your experience with it.
Post a Comment