Monday, March 23, 2009

A Couple of Lousy Pictures

Here are pictures of the front/back pieces of the Donna Karan pattern. The fronts are up at the top of the pictures, and the skirt backs are at the bottom. As you can see, it's kind of difficult off the bat to figure out where the bustline is on these pieces. There is another bodice piece that bridges between the two pieces. I actually do have an idea of how to do a FBA for this, but I want to put it together once to make sure where the proper points are.

I left two pieces up at the studio, and DS the younger was home sick today from school, so I just stitched up the tucks and pleats (there are a bunch of them in odd places, so again, I want to make this straight once and then figure out the fit). I'm debating whether to insert a zipper. The knit I'm using has a lot of stretch to it, so I may forego the recommended invisible zipper. I'll put the pieces together tomorrow and hopefully have something to show. That is, as long as I don't have another sick kid on my hands.

Happy sewing!

7 comments:

AuntieAllyn said...

I think you might to need the zipper, as the skirt is rather slim fitting . . . I love the exposed darts on the backside! Looking forward to hearing your comments.

gwensews said...

I'll be intereted in seeing how this is put together. Good luck.

AllisonC said...

I thought that was your fabric till I saw it was a rug in the 2nd photo! I was wondering how you were going to make it fit on such a narrow border print! Looking forward to following your progress on this one.

Dawn said...

I thought the same thing as Allison, lol. I was wondering how narrow that fabric was. Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what interesting shaped pieces! Can't wait to see how this goes together.

Jess said...

This looks like a pretty interesting pattern. Can't wait to see it finished.

I've just started to learn to sew & i've started a blog to record all my disasters and hopefully some triumphs too. It's at http://non-crafty-sewer.blogspot.com/

Jess

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Hi Ann .- I have this pattern and I love it. I do for a client in size 18 and muslin is fantastic.

greetings, Paco