
Construction notes: I used an invisible zipper in the side seam. I interfaced the waistband with ProWoven interfacing from Sew Exciting. I hemmed the underlayer before I sewed the side seams. It's hidden by the embroidered overlay. Other than that, I just serged the side seams, attached the waistband and, ta daaa! Here you see it on Shelley.

I'm trying not to nod off as I type this so I'm going to call it a night.
Happy sewing!
29 comments:
It's gorgeous!
So Pretty!!!
Kristen
Love the skirt, Ann. It is so pretty with the top!
Maureen
Wow, great looking skirt!
Very pretty.
It is gorgeous and I actually think that the A-line works better than a straight would have.
That's a clever way of dealing with lining up the pattern. Thanks! Very pretty skirt, btw.
beautiful, as always!
and the fabric is fantastic - I think you showed us all at the seminar back in Dec., yes? Perfect!!
:)S
I absolutely LOVE the skirt. So simple, but so elegant!
What a lovely skirt! Have you explained using a stay in a past post?
Beautiful and I love it as an A line. A straight skirt would have been the obvious. Who wants to be obvious?
I love the skirt, it's really well gorgeous.
It's well as your namesake blog a gorgeous skirt.
That is a gorgeous skirt, and I love the black and white with the blue. I have always love that color combination.
V. lovely skirt and lace top. Smart marketing move to have an FB group! Saw it on FB yesterday.
Very beautiful!
Love the skirt, Ann. For those who are having trouble finding and becoming a fan on Facebook - I was only able to find it using the Search at the far right side of my home page heading. No other search for friends, etc worked. Thanks for all your inspiration, Ann.
Very pretty. Love black and white!
Just stunning! You have such a good eye for matching fabric and pattern/style.
I love the skirt but have to confess to being a bit thick - I didn't understand what you did with the stay and why you needed it?! Sorry, senior/blonde moment maybe?!
lovely! great use of the pattern.
Oh, Leanne- Thanks for asking. I was wondering also.
I have a piece of border print and want to use it for a swing jacket - perhaps my answer is here!
Shari
Shari, my 'moments' are many - we may find that there is an aha moment when we find out how Anne used the stay!
I can totally understand why you kept that fabric to yourself Anne, good call!
Pretty! Smart call taking it home, I've seen this fabric in person and it is fabulous.
Very very pretty!
that skirt is GORGEOUS! I love it!
Congrats on completing the skirt! Its looking really pretty. Hope it fits well too!
Regards
Diana
http://djstoreroom.blogspot.com
I love it! That is great fabric. YOu have done it again Ann!
Wow! That's so purty!!!
Post a Comment