
I don't complain too much about the weather, because it doesn't do any good. But I have to admit, I am sick to death of winter right now. The kids had today off from school anyway (staff development day), so it doesn't affect them. But it does affect everything else. Ugh indeed.
But on happier notes, today is DH's birthday. Happy birthday darling!!! To celebrate, we went out to a local steakhouse with the boys last night. OMG, I think I ate way too much, but it was so good. The boys split a steak. DH and I should have split a steak, but we didn't, so we have lots of leftovers for lunch today. Though I have to admit, I'm still really full and can't even contemplate eating anything more.
The snow seems to have lifted for the time being, so it's time to contemplate shoveling before the next bands come through. Maybe I'll have another cup of coffee first.
Oh, want to see what I got? I have been jonesing for a full body dress form since I saw Laura Bennett's. So to celebrate DH's birthday (any port in a storm), I put in an offer for one from the same eBay seller where Sewing Diva Phyllis got hers.

Now I have to figure out where I'm going to put it.
Since I'm so tired of winter, and since I won't have the pattern to complete my Burda jumper/KS turtleneck until Thursday, I think I'm going to cut out and make a bunch of tee shirts. I have 1-yard lengths of rayon jerseys in several easter-egg colors that I used for a presentation at the Boston Fashion Meetup. I think I'll toss them in the washer, then make them up into J.Stern and Jalie tees. I am working on a Project Runway top from Simplicity that I'll review later (not impressed). But that's black and silver and I need some color to alleviate the winter blahs.
Well, coffee is done; it's time to get dressed and start shoveling.
Stay warm and happy sewing!
11 comments:
We got our first real snow today. Sigh. Oooh. how exciting about the new dressform!
Very cool form. How will you adjust it for your body?
Very cool! They ship really fast too. It will come in two boxes, and you need to assmble it, but it's not hard. Now that you have three forms why not just sell the one you don't want? Keep this one in the studio and the Wolf at home.
Actually, I have four forms now (blush). And who says it needs adjusting? ;-)
You know, I love snow, but the worst part of today was having to trudge through it to go to work. You'd think they could give us a snow day!
Yep. That's what it looked like at my house, too. My husband just got home and is finishing the snow blowing that I started. At least the dress form will cheer you up and it doesn't care whether it snowed or not.
Those forms look so useful - and so very creepy. I can imagine the neighbors calling the cops when they see a hanging body through the blinds. "OMG, she finally drove him to it....."
It has been a long, hard winter. Spring starts this month. Soon we can trade the snow blowers for lawn mowers. I'd rather push a sewing machine myself!
I've had enough of winter now! My garden is buried in snow and ice
I can't help it - those dress forms creep me out :)like something from a Tim Burton movie
Sorry you are all covered in snow. I know what you mean. Here in ATL we got snow all day on Sunday. Then it stopped and the sun came out. Before nightfall it was all melted. I hope you thaw out real soon. BTW, those dress forms are just to die for. Keep us posted on their arrival.
JEALOUS! I swear the three of us could drive the economy just trying to keep up with each other.
Post a Comment