But I have been very busy. I am working on an Easter coat. I'm making Coat 106 from Burda WOF April, 2009
from this sold-out (sorry) fabulous stretch cotton from Gorgeous Fabrics:

I'll make a couple of observations about Burda WOF. I love many of their styles, and I really love their fit on me. What I am not as crazy about (and this has nothing to do with Burda WOF) is having to trace the patterns off and then add the seam allowances. Honestly, that takes longer than the rest of the process. I'm lazy, so that's why I don't sew their patterns that often. But the good news is that when I do sew with them, I don't have to deal with the "Big 4" standard 5/8 inch seam allowances. I usually use 1/2 inch on Burda, with 1/4 inch for facings and sometimes larger for certain seams.
So it is cut out, and I'm taking a bunch of pictures for showing how I am constructing it. I should have it finished Saturday, just in time. Hopefully I'll be able to get a post up then before I have to rush off. Until then,
Happy sewing!
8 comments:
I love that coat, and I'm very interested to see it rendered in that fabric! Can't wait for some Post-Easter posts.
I love that fabric for the coat. It looks like the floral on one of their dresses featured in that or the previous issue. Can't remember... I do not go to Easter Vigil, too late and too long with 4 little ones. We did go to Holy Thursday tonight, and adoration, very nice, no kids, had a sitter. Can't wait to see the coat.
Beautiful coat! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Looking forward to seeing that jacket made up in that scrumptious fabric!
I'm so glad you're using that fabric for this coat. I had to have a serious What-are-you-thinking conversation with myself, to convinve myself that yes, life will go on, even if I don't have a coat made in this fabric. I can hardly wait to see it.
when I first saw that fabric I thought "coat" too. I can hardly wait to see it.
The Burda photo shows a pretty coat, but the seams do not appear to be finished on the inside. I would either line it, or make Hong Kong seams.
I agree with gwensews, the seam finishing will be very important. A Hong Kong finish in solid green would be my choice. I do love that fabric so I can't wait to see the finished coat!
Post a Comment