Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Finally Back in the Land of the Living

Oy, I say, oy! I have never been that sick for that long, and I hope I never am again. Thank God for Zithromax.

So what have I been doing? Nothing. Nada. Zip. I do have most of another (one last) summer dress cut out. It's the same Simplicity pattern that I made my maxi-dress from:

This time I don't have enough fabric to make it long, so I'll make the knee-length version.

Oh! We finally got the air date for DS' episode of "Dancing Tweens". September 15th at 10PM. It'll be interesting.

I'm also starting to prep for a class I'm taking next week. I think I'm going to make a bustier, but I'm still not entirely decided. I need to decide today because I have to have the muslin ready to go next Wednesday.

I ordered a new book for my library. I just got it yesterday and tonight I'll start poring over it, Building Patterns - The Architecture of Women's Clothing by Suzy Furrer


So far it looks really interesting, and unlike some other pattern drafting books I own, it looks quite useful and usable. Review to come later!

I chopped my hair all off this past weekend. I love doing that. I feel like, in addition to losing 6 lbs from the pneumonia, I lost another 10 when I got rid of my hair. It's always a surprise to my family when I do that. One time, when I first went from blonde to red, I never told my DH that I was planning to, so he walked right by me without recognizing me at a restaurant! I'm contemplating changing the color again. We'll see.

I am overdue on posting a review of a biography of Laura Ashley. That will come soon too. Stay tuned, much more later. God, it's good to feel human again!

Happy sewing!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back, we missed you! Glad your feeling more like yourself, and I'm eager to see your new look next week! I'm muslining a few things, I just can't decide what to work on!

McVal said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! I'll have to see if we get Dancing Tweens in this corner of the world!

Linda L said...

Glad you are feeling better. Got a see a pic of the new hair cut.

Dana said...

Glad to have you back in blog land!

kiltsnquilts said...

Glad you are feeling better, can't wait to see the new 'do'!

Sue said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better! A haircut sounds timely - it always makes a person feel energised.

Summerset said...

Glad you're feeling better! A new look doesn't hurt, either!

sewsy said...

Glad you're better!!! I was beginning to really worry about you. Great to read you're all better.

connieB said...

It's fun to change it up isn't it?! Glad you are feeling better- summertime is a rotten time to be feeling ill. I am trying to get back in the groove after all the wedding fever here has finally died down. So both of our fevers are over! Cheers
Connie

Sharon said...

so glad you are feeling better!

BeccaA said...

So glad you're feeling better. Pneumonia really knocks you out.

Bunny said...

It can take a while to rebound from pneumonia so take it slow. Hope you are totally better real soon. Don't rush it. It will happen on its own.