Well doesn't this figure? The good news is that I made a muslin before I started laying the pattern out on the fabric, and the skirt actually fits beautifully out of the envelope. But... I laid everything out on my cutting table (using the muslin as the final pattern) and I realized, no matter how many ways I lay out the pattern, I can't get three layers of chiffon out of the fabric. It's 52 inches wide, not 60. That eight inches makes all the difference (doesn't it always, ladies?). So I called Lace Star and talked with the owner. I'm sending her a swatch of the chiffon so she can send me an exact match. I'll cut out the first two-and-a-half layers while I'm waiting.
So... how ya been?
1 day ago
5 comments:
Bummer about the chiffon.Lace Star can work some magic.
Tonight D2 has a slight temp,cough,chills,....just called her in sick for tomorrow....the ILI/H1N1 has finally hit my house .......
Oh no Joanne, get lots of rest and wash your hands every 2 minutes. Stay well!
What a shame about the chiffon - at least you can get more and can carry on while it arrives.......have to agree with you about the eight inches!! ROFLOL!
Good news on the fit of the muslin, but bad news about the chiffon shortage! Hope it arrives quickly so we can see the entire ensemble! Wrapping up the Homecoming gown tonight, will take pics tomorrow and update my blog tomorrow night. It's absolutely stunning if I do say so myself...
How frustrating! I hope you get it quickly - I'm excited to see the final ensemble. :)
Post a Comment