
This weather sucks. This is the second discernible snowfall we've had in three days. I know, other places got more snow than we did, and it won't last long, but still - it's Frickin' October 18th, people! (Not you, dear readers, the powers that be) Give us a break here!
On the plus side, I've cut my Razor Sharp pants in my Loro Piana fabric. I'm listening to the Pats from the comfort of my home. I had the opportunity to bid on 2nd row seats to todays Pats/Oilers (Titans now, but it's a legacy game so they are wearing the old Houston Oilers uniforms), but I knew what the weather was going to be like, so I passed. I'm glad I did, too - apparently it's snowing even harder in Foxboro.
You know why I had the chance to bid on those tickets? Because DH's band. Booty Vortex, played a gig to celebrate the City of Somerville being voted one of ten All America Cities. Um... okay. But it was a great time and they auctioned off a bunch of things (mostly sports related) to benefit programs for disadvantaged kids in Somerville.
So the Parting Shot is...
Bootylicious, y'all! DH is playing the bari saxophone, third from the left.
They did a great job, and it was an all-ages show so the kids got to come too. More on the pants later.ETA: Congrats to the Pats! That was an embarrassment of riches. I'm still glad I didn't bid on those tickets. Besides, they ended up going for $350. Paying $350 to get my butt froze in January during a playoff game? Sure. Paying $350 to get my butt wet and froze in an October snowstorm? Mmmmm, no thanks... But good for the Pats!!!
Now, GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!
Happy sewing!

15 comments:
You should have been here, perfect weather for our small town festival, 70's and sunny and 50's and clear at night.
Someone in Canada is blowing down some cold air to MI, along with some snowflakes!
When watching the Pats/Titans game at the gym, I couldn't believe the amount of snow on the field! Bleh!!
I know, what is it with this SNOW in OCTOBER? I moved to Massachusetts less than a year ago and am already dreading winter!
Ummmm the Pats are killing the Titans...
D'ya think we're getting all the poopy cold winter weather out of the way early in the season? Sigh, probably not . . .
Sommerville? Seriously? My daughter lived there for awhile and I visited....hmmm.
The gig looks like fun, though.
Maureen
I live in south Alabama and it is the coldest it has been for this time in October in several years. It is supposed to be 37 tonight.
Doesn't it killya when there is snow on the ground and the leaves on the trees are still green??????
I got home just in time to see the end of the game Surreal snow, surreal game!!!(59 - 0)
Sommerville?
Glorious chilly day here!
Good morning, Ann,
You know, we are very used to this in Colorado. Last weekend, the Rockies play-off game had to be delayed due to snow and freezing weather. Yesterday, Denver tied the record high of 84 degrees. It was a wonderful day for a walk!
One time, I took my hubby to the airport on May 7 in perfectly bright sunny weather. By the time I got home....well, I didn't get home. I was stuck in a foot of snow on my own damn driveway for a week!
I feel your pain! (But, honestly, I love it!)
The Pats KILLED the Titans. Yay for the Pats, but seriously, what in the world is going on with the Titans?! :/
Re: The early snow..........now, what's this about global warming????
Our poor Titans... Part of the problem is having to rely on too many rookies. Bless them, they will come into their own, but seasoned veterans made mistakes they know better not to do. We are having a hard time this year and I feel bad for them, they are great guys who have done a lot for Nashville, and Tennessee. We lost Albert Haynesworth and it will be hard to find a combination to fill his shoes. Also, they probably do not like those old uniforms any more than I do. Hard to see each other in all that snow. As the murder of Steve McNair is still in the news, that has also got to be demoralizing. After all that, I do have to say that the team did not play well.
Post a Comment