Sunday, December 06, 2009

Some Pictures from the Sit and Sew

Everything is going great at the Sit and Sew. Everyone is humming away on their projects. Susan fit my muslin and I am in the midst of thread tracing it onto my bouclé. So here are some pictures from yesterday:


 Susan demonstrates a technique


Susan and Denise work on silk velvet



We ran out of room in the classrooms, so Camille moved into the hallway

Valerie and Betsy


Susan at work with Maggie

At the end of the day, several of us went out to dinner.


We all have lots more work to do, but everyone seems to be having a great time, and we're all learning tons. As I say, if you ever have a chance to take one of Susan's classes, by all means do! 

Parting Shot: High Contrast Houseguests

We got about 4 inches of snow last night, and we are babysitting Tessa and Lexie the rottweilers until Wednesday. Here's Lexie in our back yard this morning.

Happy sewing!

11 comments:

meredithp said...

Is the classroom at your house, or do you have a warehouse (you must, for the fabric). You've got a lot more room than in NYC ;-)

Mary Beth said...

Oh fun! Your are one busy lady. Hope your house guests wipe their feets (and faces. He's got snows on his nose)

Anonymous said...

I recognize the Expedit bookcase from Ikea! :) Hope one day I can attend one of the Sit and Sews! I need fit help bad!

AuntieAllyn said...

Looks like fun (also looks like some serious work being done here)! I look forward to doing one of these classes someday soon!

Ann Made Studio said...

It sure would be nice to one day attend some of these great seminars.

Linda T said...

One day I want to attend something like this. What an experience!

Julie said...

This is getting me excited about Susan's couture sewing class I signed up for. June is too far away.... Good luck finishing your projects.

Kathi said...

We had snow yesterday - my boys were thrilled!
Looks like everyone is learning a lot and having tons of fun! Can't ask for more than that!

Carol said...

I'm jealous. That's all I have to say.

Gigi said...

Gosh, I really wish I'd been able to join you guys! :-( Looks like a really great time.

Gay McDonell said...

Looks like fun! The snow looks lovely.