Miss me? I've dropped off the radar lately because I've been really busy. I'm still working on the Chanel jacket, but it's slow going and I don't think you'd be interested in seeing my catchstitching. I will have some things to start to show soon. I'm also starting to plan some coordinates to build a spring wardrobe around the jacket. Man, that sounds suspiciously like a SWAP, doesn't it? Nah, I'm too scattered for that!
I also got some news this week that knocked me for a loop. Not a change in status, but some results came back that indicate that I might want to have some other treatments than what was originally planned. That sucks. So one of the coordinates (or maybe two or three) is going to be an Hermes scarf. I already told DH that's what I would like for Valentine's day. Sigh...
But hey! On a much more fun front, save the date and stash away your pennies! Susan Khalje is coming to Gorgeous Fabrics' studio in Billerica, MA (just outside Boston) to hold her Couture Sewing School. It's a 6 day course that runs from May 24 to May 29, 2010. I've taken classes with Susan and she is one of the best, if not the, best teacher I've ever worked with. Here's the description of the class from Susan's website:
At the Couture Sewing School, 6 intensive days are devoted to creating your garment - it can be sophisticated day wear, evening wear, a wedding gown, the little black dress - the choice is yours. It can be for yourself, for a friend, or it can be a sample. You'll be incorporating into your project the couture techniques and details that go into Susan Khalje's exquisite garments.To find out more and to sign up, Check it out at Susan's New Website (which, BTW is absolutely gorgeous!)
You'll prepare a muslin ahead of time, and after Susan perfects the fit, you'll begin working on your garment. In addition to specific work on your garment, time is taken each morning to learn a battery of couture techniques. Business issues are included as well - Susan ran a very successful couture business for over 25 years - and she shares her expertise during a special evening session.
I'll post pictures of the Chanel Jacket as soon as I have something worth showing.
14 comments:
Sorry to hear about the tests. That sucks. But I'm happy to hear about the couture sewing school! I'm going to see if I can fit it into my budget after I buy my new Bernina. :)
Sweetheart giving you virtual hugs and prayers . I hope this illness passes quickly for you xx
Oh C..P!! Well, onward and upward, one day at a time. You can do this and we know the outcome is already preset to 100% Fabulous!!
I'm thinking about you and sending tons of positive thoughts and hugs through cyberspace!!
Believe me, an Hermes scarf will definitely improve your mood!!! Positive thoughts flowing your way!
For what it's worth - what I and my other survivor friends decided was it's only hair. Plus you'll be amazed at how much time you'll have for other stuff not having to deal with it. None of us has gone back to long hair or dyed hair. Perspectives change. I have faith in you. Yes there will be sorrow and sadness when it first goes, but you'll move on. Wishing you the best chica!
Oh no, not what you want to hear. But best to attack it on all fronts.
So sorry to hear that. There have to be different ways to justify an Hermes scarf, really.
Anyway, hugs to you, and still prayers and well wishes coming your way.
Meanwhile, I've taken Susan's 6 day couture course - it was my first Susan Khalje course several years ago, and I heartily recommend it.
We'll be launching the boat that week on Lake Michigan, but will think of you having fun in the sewing studio.
I'm dealing with this as we comment. For me, the anticipation of the loss was worse than the actual loss. Wigs, hats and sheer chutzpah make up for it. In the end I agree with Jane- it's only hair. My husband, children and friends don't care. Wish you all the best as you go through this.
Sorry to hear about the health news, but you will get these from time to time, and that is NOT to discount them, it's more like a warning - take it in, be realistic, and then go back to your original vision of sitting around bossing everybody when you're 80 y/o cause you'll know it all by then!!!! Right?....got that in your head!!!!
I'm sick I can't come to the Susan workshop. What I miss most about these these is the chatter that goes on behind the real lesson. You can't always be teaching all the time...but really neat info like:
how this pattern fit, or
the problem with the way that gusset fit, or
the best source of this or that notion,
a new notion, and
all that peripheral stuff that is free and abundant at these workshops. As a matter of fact, if I came, I would just want to sit in and "audit" the class just so I could get all that info, and share with people who love to sew as much as I do....you all will have a blast!
Oh not good. You do have great attitude, and certainly deserve a Hermes scarf! Hugs to you!
Oh, poopie caca. I know you will wear the scarf with great elan. Years ago I worked with a woman from Ghana. Lord, did I covet those headdresses she wore. Here is your opportunity to really make a serious hat statement. Wishing you the best and warm hugs.
I'm so sorry to hear that there is another little snafu with the health news. You absolutely deserve an Hermes scarf (or maybe a couple). Still in my thoughts and prayers.
Best of luck. You are in my prayers.
BookieBookie
Anne, these are bad news but losing my hair was the least I was worried about. Chemo sucks but if it helps you to survive DO IT. I didn't want to ask myself in 10 yrs, why I did not want to go there.
I'm sending you 12454854 Million good thoughts and warm wishes! I know you will beat this beast!
Post a Comment