Friday, February 26, 2010

And the Final Top is Done!

Woo hoo! The final top is done. This is for Kit, who wanted something with an open neck, sleeves and ruching. I was going to use Simplicity 4076, but the truth is, I don't really like the drafting on that pattern. The shoulders run huge. So I took a look through my BWOF collection and found this top in the June 2008 issue. It's got everything she wanted, and it's really easy! I started tracing the pattern off at 5:30. I finished the top at about 7:15. I really like this one. I may make it for myself. But not in silver holograph knit.

So all the tops are done. The gig is tomorrow night. I'll be down cheering Booty Vortex on. And please, don't forget to text a vote for them!

In other news, it's shedding season, and I don't mean the dog. I'm thinking a wardrobe. What do you think of me as a strawberry blonde? I'm kind of sick of the dark hair. Or maybe an Anna Wintour bob! No matter what, I'm getting a bright pink wig too!

Happy sewing!

25 comments:

KID, MD said...

The girls are going to look amazing, and so will you, particularly in a bright pick wig!!

Ann Made Studio said...

Another great looking top.

Blonde highlights would look
awesome on you :)

Anonymous said...

I think strawberry blonde would be interesting and I love the pink wig.
Wishing you all the best.

judi.0044 said...

Go for it. Whatever you choose - you'll be fabulous!

gwensews said...

Good job getting all those tops done. But, what abou the guys?

Personally, I like red hair, as one can tell! So, I vote strawberry blond and most definitely, pink!

Toby Wollin said...

Yep, strawberry blond - that's the ticket!!

Adelaide B said...

This may be the only time you have to rock a Farrah Faucett do. I'm just saying.

Linda L said...

Really like the look of this.

Jane M said...

Great quicksilver tops. And you'd look fabulous in anything so go wild and crazy. Hot pink sounds fabulous.

Kathi said...

I really like this one - I will have to see if I have that issue.
I think a pink wig would be awesome! I have always thought that if I had to wear a wig for something like that, I would get styles completely different than my hair. It would probably be the only time I would consider long hair!! In all honestly, I would probably go without. I don't like hair!

a little sewing said...

I'm having trouble grasping how quickly you sewed these tops. And they all look great.
Sorry to hear about the shedding; it must be quite disconcerting. Go for glamourous and fun. Pink and Strawberry blonde both sound cheerful. I love your attitude, Ann.

AuntieAllyn said...

You gotta go blonde!!! And pink sounds wonderful, too!

BeckyW said...

I think you would look fabulous as a strawberry blonde!

Sewellen said...

Thank you! I thought I was the only person in the world who couldn't like S4076 (even though I've made it up 3 times!). Something about those shoulders....All the tops are AbFab.

Anonymous said...

Ooo. I love this one. Wonder if I can successfully grade it up to a 24/42...

Shari

Jos van KloskaCreAtief! said...

I LOVE this one!

SKM said...

Gorgeous tops!

And, a wig is the perfect way to go strawberry blonde--no roots!

Rock it out!

Judy said...

I highly recommend a lace front wig: they are the most natural looking. I got a Revlon "Impressive" wig that looked great. Your hair stylist can use his/her professional discount and get you a good price (nice wigs are $$$). I hated wearing anything on my head in hot weather, and just went about with the "bald badge of courage" and edgy earrings. The Sinead O Connor look might be hard on your hubster and boys, though. I made a matching hat or scarf of left over fabric from each sewing project. My hair (now 1.5 inches long) is coming back thick and curly, which is fun (same color). I got my eyebrows done with permanent makeup (like a tattoo) so that I wouldn't look like a bald egg. That's all the wisdom I have to offer. Good luck: a fighting spirit is a big help on this journey. I hate showing vulnerability, but let my priest do the laying on of hands and everyone at mass came up and touched me, too...it was deeply moving. Let people help you--they need to do it to express their love.

Linda T said...

I too am partial to red so Strawberry blonde gets my vote. And I am sure you can rock a pink wig!

Cindy said...

{hugs} I say get as many different looks as you can, especially pink!

/anne... said...

Ann,

I think you should make yourself an outfit that incorporates a little of that fabulous fabric, to wear to the next gig - a sort of subtle 'I'm with the band' outfit; and it would go fabulously with a fairy-floss pink wig :-)

BeckyMc said...

You are my postivie attitude hero! Get a wig in EVERY COLOR and every style. So you can match your hair to your outfit. YOU ROCK!

NuJoi said...

Great job on all of them. I especially love the halter.

Nancy K said...

The tops are all fun.
Colored wigs are the way to go!

melissa said...

I highly highly recommend the wigs from ebay seller Wig-Fashion. I got 6 really cool cuts and colours from them for under £100 total and they're seriously nice quality, with lingerie lace and little plush elastic adjusters inside. They even give you washing instructions, though mine didn't really need it. The shorter styles were much easier to keep nice than the long curly one I got, but your mileage may vary.

Email me if you want to know more about the ones I got or see what they look like inside.

Thank god for the Japanese cosplay market, because otherwise the wig market is full of fugly old lady numbers!!