Saturday, February 20, 2010

Next Up - Booty Call!

DH's band, Booty Vortex, is one of ten bands who made the finals of the "Be the Wonder" contest at Foxwoods Resort and Casino. Next weekend, they will perform the theme song, and hopefully they'll win the gig to be the new voice of Foxwoods! Check out their site and text your votes in next Saturday, please!

Booty Vortex is a 12-piece disco/funk band. The ladies in the band, Kit, Julia, Maureen and Nancy, wanted to have a unified look, so I'm going to make them all tops. The tops will be different styles, but made from the same white/silver holographic fabric. I'll post updates as each style is completed.

In the meantime, tonight was my BFF's birthday dinner, so I broke out my new dress for the occasion.

Not too shabby.
Happy sewing!

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful.
Cheryl Reeves (a sewing friend from Texas)

Anonymous said...

You look positively gorgeous. Love the dress.

Erica Bunker said...

Fabulous Ann! And I love the shoes!

Maryissewfast said...

One word...HOT!!!

Linda L said...

Love that color on you. You look fantastic!!

a little sewing said...

No, not too shabby at all! LOL. You look amazing, Ann.
Your hubby's band is HOT and I wish them well!

Myra said...

Very nice, great color on you.

Vicki said...

Looking pretty good!

Judy Ross said...

Hubba hubba!

You've been very much in my thoughts lately, though I haven't commented for lack of finding the right words. Maybe there are no "right words". I can only say that I wish you well, from the bottom of my heart.

Judy xxx

AuntieAllyn said...

Looks fabulous! Good luck to Booty Vortex!

Unknown said...

Va va va VOOM! Love the dress, you're melting away the winter blahs! Will check out the website for Booty Vortex, good luck with the tops!

gwensews said...

Nothing says "hot" like a red dress! It looks fabulous on you. Go Booty!

KID, MD said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I bet you were the best looking lady in the room! Such a great dress.

Dana said...

Beautiful dress and nice to see it on you. You look great!

Lisette M said...

You look fab!!
By the way, your fireplace and mine are closely related, I have the same tile and brick work!

meredithp said...

Well, you look pretty darn terrific! I may have missed your new 'do, but it's great too.

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

What a perfect dress for you! Just beautiful.

Ann Made Studio said...

You look awesome.The dress suits you perfectly :)

Toby Wollin said...

Wowee zowee!! You look fab.

Aminat said...

You look gorgeous and those shoes are killer...wink

Cindy said...

You are rockin that dress.

Gay McDonell said...

ooo wee! Fabuloso!

Bunny said...

You are a show stopper! Gorgeous dress.

Kathi said...

You and the dress look amazing!!

Laura Lee said...

Ah bueno! and the hose are killer!!!!

Jackie O. Stitches said...

Love the dress and the shoes!!

Little Hunting Creek said...

That dress looks great on you! And good luck to the band!

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful---great colour for you.

Deirdre

BeckyW said...

Love, Love, Love the dress. It looks even better on.

Tricia said...

Ann, you look like a million bucks! I love your shoes, and your haircut is awesome!

julia said...

Great news about your husband's band. We've been to Foxwood's. We have 2 daughters in the NE so it's not too far from them.
You look beautiful in your dress. Best wishes for your treatments coming up. I will be saying prayers for you.

Kathy said...

You look great in the dress! You should send out a thing on Facebook to remind people to vote for the Foxwoods thing!

Unknown said...

Beautiful dress, Ann. You are in my prayers. Leora xoxo

Janet said...

You look fabulous in your new dress.

Brava!

Sheri said...

You look MAHvelous!

Joyce in NC said...

Love it! The color and fit is great.

amber said...

Stunning! I think orange can be such a hard color to wear, but you look just divine in it!

SKM said...

Fantastic! Great work. I love your haircut too, and the way you are in front of the mirror so that we can see the back or your head too--great chic shape to the back!

What a great sleeve length and color, too.

Long live disco/funk--we could all use more!

Marie-Noëlle said...

Fabulous from head to toe
I love the color, it is so hot

Reethi said...

You rock that dress!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Not too shabby indeed! :) Gurl you are hot in that dress! Hope you had a good time.