Friday, March 26, 2010

What Next, What Next?

Now, of course, I start to stress about what to wear to the final chemo session in 3 weeks. Whatever it is, I want it to be springy and I want to wear it with my pink wig. I have 4 yards of this gorgeous Stretch Silk/Cotton blend from (natch) Gorgeous Fabrics:

My next (last!) session is April 15. Tax day and chemo day, how fun ... not. But both will be over by the end of the day, so that's all good! I want to make a dress, so I need to make some decisions on patterns. I haven't gone through my back issues of Burda, though I think there are some possibilities there. Let's take a look at a couple of commercial patterns.
Vogue:
I'm kinda loving this Kay Unger pattern
I already have this Tracy Reese in my stash
Since I have 4 yards, I can go with something fuller skirted, which is always nice for spring. So this Vogue Options is a possibility
I am thinking the sleeveless version. It's usually pretty warm in the chemo room.

Burda:
I could always go for the popular Wilma look
I'd go for the version with the shoulder strap.

This one get's more interesting when you look at the technical drawing..
McCalls:
I already own This Pattern
But I'm afraid the print will get too disrupted by the lines of the design.

I'm leaning toward the Tracy Reese. I can muslin it up pretty quickly and maybe (maybe) even have something ready in time for Easter.

Oh, but I need to get a fabulous pair of heels to wear with it. I LOVE the ones Gertie is wearing in this post.

These Paul Smiths from Zappos are really cute. I just wish I could find them in a lower price category.
Maybe I'll scour the mall (shudder!) this weekend and see what Nordstroms has.

Oh, and whatever I decide to wear? The Pink Wig is topping it all off!

Happy sewing!

25 comments:

Karin said...

Pink wig, pink shoes, and a bright pink floral dress. Just about perfect for one's last day of chemo! I really like the Tracy Reese pattern.

Rachel said...

Funny... I was considering buying that fabric and making Simplicity 2404 with it. http://www.simplicity.com/p-5006-misses-dresses.aspx

Angela said...

You're going to look fantastic in whatever you choose. :) Those shoes are amazing!!

Myra said...

Tracy Reese, Kay Unger or the Vogue Options with a full skirt, my picks, if it helps. Those shoes are so cool, too.

melissa said...

Gorgeous fabric! I vote for the Tracy Reese dress. And it'll look amazing with pink wig and heels!

(and about your earlier veins comment - yeah I had amazing veins from constant running, too. But 6-9 months of near daily blood draws and IVs made them shrink really fast and now I'm the phlebotomist's worst nightmare! They bounced back a little after resting while I had the lines in, but they're still pretty bad.)

Karen said...

I love that you are planning to make the very best of a difficult day. I applaud that you can focus your energies and can see through the end of that day. I wish you the best!

gidgetsews said...

Ann, you are inspiring.
I would suggest Nordstrom Rack for shoes if there is one in your area.Thay have literally thousands of shoes, all types and brands.

Ann Made Studio said...

They are all great choices but my favorite is the Tracy Reese :) It would be awesome in that fabric.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I like the Tracey Reese too! You made me look at that fabric...I almost put some in the cart and I stopped myself just in time! I have NO willpower at all when it comes to fabric! *LOL* And yes to the pink wig!

Summerset said...

The Kay Unger or the Tracey Reese. Absolutely yes to the pink shoes and wig, too!

Anonymous said...

Tracey Reese dress!

Dei said...

Girlfriend, you are a warrior!

Anything pink is good and the Kay Unger dress gets my vote.

Colleen P. said...

I also vote for the Tracy Reese, it's designed to show off a gorgeous print.

Vicki said...

Great fabric. I like the Kay Unger best.

Pam from South Australia said...

Best wishes to you Ann. You are an inspiration as always! Well, I'm going against the tide here. My vote is for the Vogue Options dress. Why not make use of those 4 yds? Gorgeous fabric, pink wig and magnificent heels......make what you fancy and you will look GREAT.

judi.0044 said...

Love them all - but I also will vote for the Tracy Reese. Maybe you can find some other shoe selections - Zappos usually comes through for me. Happy shopping (and sewing)!

Anonymous said...

I see you already chose, so I'll save my input. I like the one you chose, though!

And Holy Sh-- regarding that email you got!

You are really inspiring. I was telling my coworkers about how you to go your chemo appointments. It's like giving cancer the finger! :)

Patsy said...

That fabric is fabulous, ann. I got 2 yds for a vogue blouse and am in love with the way it feels ! No doubt you will finish before me because I'm up to my ears in Easter dresses for 3 precious little granddaughters. Can't wait to see the Tracy Reese.

patsijean said...

I am voting for the Tracy Reese pattern. And...I am so glad your treatments are going well. Your wigs are a kick.

badmomgoodmom said...

What a coincidence. I am making the second Burda, the one w/ the interesting tucks, right now. OK, maybe not right now, but it is on the top of my to be made pile.

Linda T said...

Love that fabric! Think I will buy some!

Gigi said...

That fabric is gorgeous! Please stop showing me fabulous shoes - I am on a shoe diet! I already can't fit what I have into my closet. :-(

Claire said...

After all you have been through, I say buy the shoes. You deserve them! They are too cute for words. Oh, and the fabric is really cute too!

Kathi said...

You will look gorgeous no matter what you make!!
I am perplexed by the Tracy Reese pattern - it is like the Vogue pattern I traced and got ready to start the other week. Have you looked at the fabric options they list? It is for knit OR wovens.

amber said...

I was going back and forth between that print and the blue/taupe twill, but ultimately opted for the blue one. They are both just lovely and I can't wait to see what you whip up. And yes please to pink wig and shoes!!