I just got notification from ASDP (I'm a member) of a scam going around regarding renewal of Threads Magazine subscriptions by unauthorized agents.
Here is the Taunton Press' official response.
If you subscribe to Threads, do read this.
3/9/2010 3:42PM ETA Lo and behold - I just got my mail and in there was an envelope. The return address on the back reads Orbital Publishing Group, and it's a bill for Threads Magazine from Publishers Billing Exchange. So hey, looks like my timing was impeccable. I ripped it up and requested to be taken off their mailing list.
Happy sewing!
1 day ago
8 comments:
So what about the constant barrage of renewal notices coming from Threads itself?
I'm actually stopping my Threads subscription solely because they pissed me off so much - beginning at 6 months left, they sent them to me at least once every two weeks, but most annoying was that the subscription offers inside weren't even for international delivery! So not only did they not research etiquette in other countries (the hard sell is NOT the way in Europe), but they didn't even bother to notice my address isn't in the US.
So I can't say I have much sympathy for them with these unauthorised agents if the authorised ones are so bad.
Thanks for the heads-up!
Thanks for the heads up. My dh renews it every year as a gift, but think it's up in December or there about, so I'll let him know.
Thanks,Ann! I don't even subscribe and received one of these in the mail yesterday. Wondered where in the heck it came from.
-umjudis
Our local ASG sewing group just sent out a notice about the same thing. I think my Threads subscription just ran out. But I'll be renewing it thru our ASG group from now on only.
That's a useful warning -- it's probably a very effective scam.
I'm with Melissa, though. I no longer subscribe to any magazines because I found the constant subscription harassment to be endlessly irritating. And, yes, Threads was among the very worst.
They are also sending them for Sew Beautiful magazine. Just LOVE that they are asking for 72.00 dollars a year for thes subs. I SO hope no one is falling for this scam.
I don't get angry about the renewal notices because I do put things off at times. I just put them in the paper recycle container. This year I avoided all that mess by renewing online.
Post a Comment