Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Off Grid


My Father-in-Law passed away yesterday. He had been sick for a number of years with a disease called amyloidosis. But it was still a shock to lose him. Alan was a wonderful, gentle man and a fantastic father. It was really saddening to see how the disease decimated him physically. He retained his mental faculties, and his sense of optimism and humor, until the very end. We'll sorely miss him.

55 comments:

Lisette M said...

My condolences to you and your family. Hoping that your fond memories will help you through this difficult time.

Vicki said...

I am sorry to hear it. My thoughts are with you.

Lori said...

I am sorry for your loss, prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

Uma Mageswari Preve said...

My condolences, my prayers are with you and your family!

Nancy K said...

My condolences to you and your family. My thoughts are with you.

rosie/the fabric shopper said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Console each other and remember all the fun of the good times together. My heart is with you.

Anonymous said...

My condolences to you and your family.

Connie B said...

So sorry for your loss Ann. No matter the age, it is always hard to lose a loved one. My condolences to your family.

gwensews said...

Blessings to your family.

NancyDaQ said...

How sad for your family.

Linda T said...

So difficult to give up those we love.

Little Hunting Creek said...

I am so sorry to read this sad news. My condolences to you and your family

julia said...

I'm so sorry about your father-in-law! I will be praying for your family. It is so hard to lose someone so dear!

JustGail said...

I'm sorry to read of your family's loss. You have my condolences.

AFRICANFAB said...

Your family will be held by many today, as you reflect on your father-in-laws life.-Be Well

BetsyV said...

My deepest sympathies, Ann, to you and your family.

Maryissewfast said...

Dear Ann,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...sorry about your loss. Mary

Elaray said...

I am very sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my prayers.

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

My condolences Ann. I'm sure will be missed. A hug for you.

Trudy said...

I am so so sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers will be with you all.

Cissie said...

Ann, I'm so very sorry about your family's loss. Hope that warm memories will help ease your aching heart.

Johanna said...

I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss. I mourned my in-laws just as if they were my own parents, and those who can do that are truly blessed. Take care of each other in this hard time.

BeckyMc said...

I am so sorry. It is always a shock to loose a loved one, even when it is expected. Hug your boys (big and little) and tell them how they remind you of him. Blessings on your home.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for all your family.thinking of you

Terry

AuntieAllyn said...

Damn, it sucks to lose a parent. My sincere sympathies to you, Larry and the rest of the family.

Summerset said...

Hugs to you all. It is never easy, even when you know it is going to happen. You're in my thoughts and prayers this week!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Anne, you and your family have had a rough time of it! I am sad for your loss of this man and his presence in your life.

Maureen

Mrs K said...

My condolences to you and your family.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Ann - I'm so sorry to hear this! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Opal said...

My condolences to you and your family.

Phyllis said...

Larry is a prince and his father surely was too.

Anonymous said...

Ann, I'm so sorry. He and you and your family will be in my prayers.

Karen in Paris

Zep said...

The body has lost its presence but the soul lives on forever though the thoughts and words of loved ones. Keep him close to the heart and remember what a good man he was and he will live along side with you and your family. Peace inside....

Needle and Me Time said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You have had such a year.

CarlaF-in Atlanta said...

I'm so sorry Ann. :Hugs:

Ann Made Studio said...

Ann,my condolences to you and your family!

Bunny said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. {{{{{{o}}}}}}}

Unknown said...

Ann, I am so sorry for your loss. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you.

Sue S said...

My condolences to you and your family. You are in my prayers.

Cindy May said...

this is so sad to see your hubby with him:(
please take some time off.

Lisa Laree said...

Ann, I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for you guys!

patsijean said...

Please, my condolences to your family. I understand how much you will miss him. Take care of yourselves.

Stash said...

Ann, I am so sorry to hear of your FIL passing. Sending you big hugs.

Sue said...

Sorry for your loss - look after yourself and your family at this difficult time.

Jan Crews said...

Ann, thank you for this beautiful post. I'm sorry for your loss.

a little sewing said...

Ann I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Your post was a nice tribute to a nice man.

Nylorac Creations said...

Your FIL and husband make a great pair in the photo. He must have passed on a great legacy to your husband and boys from the things you post about them. You have a wonderful family.

Cindy said...

I'm so sorry Ann.

Mardel said...

I'm so sorry Ann! Knowing it is going to happen doesn't make it easier and doesn't take the sadness away. Hugs.

Tini said...

Sorry for your loss! I'm keeping you and your family in mind!

chintz22 said...

Honestly, some years it doesn't rain but it pours. I'm so sorry for your family.

Jessica said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Tany said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ann

Linda T said...

My condolences Ann.

SKM said...

I'm thinking of you all at this difficult time. Many hugs to you and your family.