Thursday, June 24, 2010

Anyone Seen My Mojo?

I have had absolutely no desire to sew this week. At all. My poor dress casts me forlorn glances when I walk by it, but to no avail. But the good news is that, after today I will only have two radiation treatments left! How nice will it be to not have to go every day? I'll tell you - so nice! Maybe that will put some spring back in my sewing step.


Flash Sale on Linings Today!
In the meantime, we're running a flash sale today at Gorgeous Fabrics. From 10AM to 1 PM (EDT) only, all linings are on sale for 25% off our regular prices!
Click Here to Shop Lining Fabrics

But remember - it starts at 10AM and ends at 1PM, so fill your baskets and start your engines...





Happy sewing!

15 comments:

JoanneM said...

Ann,
You have a perfectly good excuse (um radiation) to take a hiatus.
While the rest of us.....have no bloody excuse......
Take care.
Joanne

Rhoda said...

Your mojo will return. When I finished radiation, I felt like I'd been released from prison and ready for a new adventure. You've been a real trooper. I wish you well. Besides, your body doesn't like radiation anymore than you ;-)

Summerset said...

Oh, don't be too hard on yourself or your mojo! Radiation can be tough, so take it easy, get through the last few days and I'm sure you'll be back to sewing in no time.

CarlaF-in Atlanta said...

I'm sure I saw your mojo at Glady Knight and Ron Winans'Chicken & Waffles in Atlanta. I went there to find my mojo but distracted :) Hey in there

ElizabethDee said...

I don't post here very often but I do read your blog daily and, no doubt because you are such a good write, have succumbed to that fallacy of thinking I know you. So I have been closely following your progress with your health and keeping you in my thoughts -- how like you, I now think, to run a widely admired business, sew up one gorgeous piece of clothing after another, teach and even host a sit and sew, keep up a blog, and, oh yes, care for a family, and then, in between radiation treatments, wonder where your mojo has gone?
What an inspiration you are!

Helen K said...

Ann, today is the day you need to cut yourself some slack! Your mojo will return!
Stay well and I'm surprised you got any sewing done at all.
Helen

Carol said...

Perhaps your mojo took a vacation along with mine. I couldn't even be bothered looking at fabric this week, so things are BAD. Take care of yourself, you have reason to be weary.

Dana said...

So glad to hear your treatments are almost done. I didn't have to do radiation because...well there wasn't anything left to radiate! Anyway, the road to survivorhood is a very rich one - enjoy! Goes without saying the mojo will return with or without treatments ;)

Karen said...

May I suggest that you do what you need to do for self-care?

As my yoga teachers instruct: be kind to yourself, respect where your body is at the moment, and express gratitude for what it is able to do.

Peace and healing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann,
I think your mojo was at the Red Sox Rockies game last night! LOL

Seriously, you have used a lot of energy dealing with cancer treatment and maybe you just need to treat yourself to some well-earned rest and relaxation! I'm sure your mojo is lurking around somewhere.

SaliO said...

Dear Ann (If I may),
Seems to me that today is your last treatment-congratulations, and thank you from your fans for your incredible attitude throughout this chapter in your life. Fabulocity and an inner Diva can improve almost any situation! May the Schwartz be with you!
MomO

Magdalena said...

Wishing you well. The energy and strength will return.

Linda L said...

Wherever yours has gone, my is starting to follow. I am doing some sewing but not at the level I can and have been sewing.

NuJoi said...

I'm sure your mojo will return with a vengeance. Glad to hear your treatments are ending soon.

Kat said...

Here is is July 7, and I'm just reading your blog post. Did you find your mojo? Has it been hiding in your stash closet? Mine has been hiding for about a month and it's not in my stash closet, but I'm hoping that my busy schedule winds down so I can search for it.