Well, one project just got pulled off the table for now. I won't be making my Winchester Hospital Gala dress after all. My friend Danielle owns a boutique, and she and I are co-captains of a table - I just got the note from the gala chair. So Danielle asked me if I would do her a big favor and wear an Arnaldo Couture dress that she has in the store. Oh gee, let me see, do I really want to put $2000 worth of silk taffeta and embroidered lace on my back? Oh, I suppose, if you really want to twist my arm - and it fits perfectly and makes my boobs look like I never had kids? Oh alright, you don't have to twist that hard! All I have to do is have it cleaned afterward. Woo hoo! I'll definitely take it to Holly Cleaners in Newton. They are a couture cleaner, and they get all the high end stuff pristine.
So I will make the peach and floral dress, but it will be for a big recital I have coming up next spring. That will be nice actually - I'll have time to put some beading on the drape (hello, Sewing Diva Phyllis?). And the colors will be perfect for the spring.
So what to sew next? Oh yes, the kids' Halloween costumes!
Happy Sewing.
1 day ago
7 comments:
Please, please post a photo of you in this Arnold Couture $2000 dress when you wear it. Got to be "gorgeous"
I was wondering how your dress was coming along the other day. Well, now I know.
Please post pics and all the details!
I suppose you will have to disclose your affiliation with the provider of the dress? Or is there a non-disclosure agreement?
"I suppose you will have to disclose your affiliation with the provider of the dress?"
Not to the guests at the gala, baby! :D Only my blog buddies will know....
Ann, I love Holly Cleaners! They cleaned my grandmother's 85 year old vest (the one I blogged about) and they treated it like it came from the Costume Institute. For special garments you can make an apoontment with one of their managers, they'll consult with you and recommend the best cleaning treatment.
Arm twisting? Oh No.Kicking and screaming? Yes please.
Have a blast
Oh yes! I can't wait to see lots of photographs!
Post a Comment