Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Fiercer Dress, Fiercer Shoes

You may remember that I made the New Look 6429 wrap dress recently. I wore it to my nephew's Bar Mitzvah. I was going to wear the Cosmo Pucci dress, but it was really hot when we got there (not the night of the Bar Mitzvah, but what can you do when you pack, right?). Well, I got an absolutely fantaboolious pair of shoes, thanks to my darling Project RunGay Boys. I bought these from SmartBargains.com:

To say they are beyond fabulous is no exaggeration. I'm 5'6 and change in my bare feet, so in these I'm pretty darned taller. And I have to admit - they are great for intimidating people. Not that I would of course - would I? (Oh yes, kittens, I most assuredly would, but not to any of you!)

There were no pictures of me in the dress, but DH and I did have the chance to do tons and tons of swing dancing (I changed my shoes - you can not dance in platforms, just watch "Dancing With the Stars" if you don't believe it). So here's a picture that our 9 year old took:


Great fun times. I'm making and almost finished with another version of this dress, which I'll post tomorrow.

Til then, happy sewing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic shoes Ann.

Linda L said...

I have a shoe fetish! I love these shoes, really love them! Lucky you.

NancyDaQ said...

You enabler!! And I mean that in the kindest possible way. Of course, I had to go to SmartBargains.com and of course, I found a pair of shoes I had to have. They're not like yours, but how could I say no to dark red Nine West slingbacks at less than $50 (including shipping) when Zappo's (my fave) still has them for $85?