
My darling Emmett McCarthy! I'm going to drive out to see him(and his faboo clothes too). Lenox is the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra - Tanglewood. And it is a beautiful town set in the Berkshires with lots of shops and restaurants. If you're anywhere near the area, do stop by and meet him. He's way more gorgeous in person than the photographs suggest. And he's so sweet, and of course, he's a great designer. So come on down!
Happy Sewing!
3 comments:
Hi there! I am in desperate need of some guidance in the sewing world. I started competing professionally in ballroom and latin dancing...hence the need for costumes. Buying is too expensive, so I am trying to find out what is involved in sewing one. I have a sewing machine, and have done some simple stuff before, but never garmets. Where do I start and is there anybody you know who does dance costumes for ballroom?
Waiting for advise:)
Alexandra, you might think about contacting PACC, the Professional Association of Custom Clothiers. I'm a member. I don't make dance costumes, but I believe several members do, and the page I linked to here has PACC members listed by state, so you can find one near you. HTH!
Thanks Bunches!
Post a Comment