Saturday, March 01, 2008

Some Progress

As you can imagine, I haven't had much time to work on my Chanel style dress this week, thanks to the One Year Anniversary Sale at Gorgeous Fabrics. It ends tomorrow night, BTW, so check it out before then if you are so inclined. But I have been able to get a little bit of work done on the dress. It's now completely lined. I just have to install the zipper, add a waist stay and hem it and it will be done. The more I think about it, the more I think I'll peg the skirt and go for the very "Mad Men"/Laura Petrie look.

I have to tell you, I'm very impressed with this pattern. Aside from the head scratching over the pocket, it's really an excellent pattern. It practically falls together. Here's a picture of the lining on my too-small dress form. Ignore the wrinkles at the shoulder. They are not there when I put it on.

I'm debating between a hand-picked zipper and an invisible zip. I am leaning toward the latter even though I have a regular zipper in the perfect shade. I'll decide tomorrow. Then I need to get serious about the jacket. Easter is in two weeks!

Happy Sewing!

No comments: