Burning answers to burning questions, kittens!
My dress is an Emmett McCarthy from his Fall/Winter 2007 line. Sorry I didn't get a full length picture of me in it. Maybe I'll wear it to a singing gig I have this weekend and get DH to snap a shot. It is black with a silver pinstripe. It has pleated short sleeves, an open neckline and a form-fitting silhouette. It looked great on. In fact, three different designers at the party asked me who I was wearing. Go Emmett!!
My hair? I did it, darlings! The color is thanks to Barbara at Virgo Haircutters. True story. Carmen Webber, a Project Runway season 4 designer, came running up to me at the party and said, "I love your hair color! Who did it?" Thanks Barbara! As far as the styling, a Hot Sock on the dryer, a little Frederick Fekkai styling creme and a large barrel curling iron. Add 20 minutes and you're ready to go!
The Makeup. Ah, here my dears is where I am going to give away my biggest secret and the best makeup artist in New York City. Gawd, do I really want to do this? Okay, yeah. Deep beath... John Henry Edington for Solutions by Francesca Guerrera. Can I tell you? The best makeup artist. Evah! And the makeup line has become my new fave-rave (I thought nothing would knock Paula Dorf out of the top spot). You can find him at Henri Bendel. When he saw me, he gave me a big bear hug and when I told him where I was going that night, he put his arm around me and said, "Baby girl, we're gonna make you even more beautiful." And he did!
More on the party later. I have to do some real work.
Happy sewing!
6 days ago
2 comments:
Kudos to you for having found a hair color, makeup artist and general style that really works for you. To reiterate, you looked awesome that night, but I'm sure you look faboo everyday too.
Love it! Work it!
Post a Comment