Friday, May 30, 2008

Coda - White's Knight

White and Green

The other day, I did a post about Tessie's Puppies. White was the one with a slight eye problem. Well here's the story. She's not destined to be a show dog. But she is a sweetheart. Honestly if I didn't already have Hoover, I would seriously consider taking her. But she was already spoken for. Until the potential owner discovered she had a "defect".

Don't get me going.

Let's just say that things worked out well. A reader saw the puppies and asked if any were available. It turned out that White was. My reader and the breeder talked on the phone, they hit it off, everything worked out, and it now looks like White will be a Loved Pup on Cape Cod!

I feel like Yenta the Matchmaker in "Fiddler on the Roof!"

Very Happy Puppies!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that White gets to go to a home where she will be loved and treated as dogs should be - like people :) It was nice talking to you today. g

Karla said...

Bear has no desire to have a puppy sharing his space, but those pictures were so darned cute that I was very tempted. It's a good thing I don't live closer. I'm glad your publicity paid off for White.

Gigi said...

I'm so glad things worked out well for White! All of the puppies are just adorable. I'd love a dog but my kitties won't hear of it! I'm not bothered by little defects - hey I have a cat with only three paws - I just don't get that.

Anonymous said...

How cool is that. I have been trying to get a pet for more than a month...I am still waitting for the little one that will be choosing me!

Anonymous said...

A puppy with a small physical imperfection? What did this woman want..a discount for heaven's sake? Or, she just won't have a puppy that is not 'book perfect'? Wow. The best, most perfect dog we ever had was a rescued Aussie that had been abused by his owners. The breeder had made them neuter him because she did not want any of her dogs out there 'intact' who were not 'book perfect'. This dog was the most amazing dog, the closest I have ever found to a 'human in a dog suit'. He blessed our lives for 7.5 years with grace, good humor, a live in therapist, biologic pillow for my son, and all around nursemaid for our baby lambs and goats that had to be rehabbed in the kitchen. He also had a healed broken pelvis, and a number of other issues. He was not 'book perfect', but he was perfect for us.

Karla said...

Our dog has a "defect": he's a mutt. No finer dog has ever lived. The Rottweiler intelligence, the Lab friendliness, the German shepherd instinct to protect when necessary.... Give me a defective dog any day. And besides, I have no desire to run around a dog show ring wearing an unflattering suit and sensible flat shoes. Bear-Bear has saved me fashion hell.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for both White and your kind reader who gets to bring her home!

Lisa Laree said...

I'm not a dog person but those sure are cute puppies! I'm glad White found a great home; that's a neat story.