Two nights ago I went over to see our neighbors, Steve and Dawn. They own the Rottweiler,
Tessie, Hoover's best girl. Tessie had puppies 6 weeks ago, and I went over to see the puppies. Uncle Hoover can't come over until the puppies are weaned, and it drives him
crazy that I go over there without him. Tessie is always so happy to see any of us. But she does have one bad habit. She jumps. Normally, trainers will teach you that if a dog jumps up at you, the thing to do is to put your knee out in front of yourself and block them. That stops the dog without hurting them (you don't knee them per se - you just put your knee up as a block). It also discourages them from jumping. But of course, Tessie is a nursing mom, and my memories of nursing a baby are recent enough that I can't knee her right in the milk jugs with a clear conscience, right? So instead I put my hand up to block her.
Bad idea.
I have mild arthritis in my right thumb joint. Nothing terrible. Nothing an Advil won't take care of. But she jammed my thumb right into the joint. Owwwww! You never realize how much you use that joint until it hurts every time you do. It's been killing me. I can't even twist open a jar. Owwww! Owwww! Owww! It also has slowed down my progress on the Burda dress a bit. I
dumped the kids on DH for the afternoon treated DH and the kids to a matinée of the new Indiana Jones flick and headed up to the studio. That Burda dress has a
ton of itstybitsyteenytinylittlemicroscopic pieces. Cutting out twenty bazillion little pieces can be agonizing, especially when your cutting hand is throbbing. But I did get everything cut out and interfaced, and tomorrow I will finish sewing it up.
Can I just say, though, Owwwww!
Happy sewing. I'm going to find the 800mg Motrins.
Oh, PS - the puppies are ADORABLE. I'll bring the camera and post some pictures tomorrow.
4 comments:
Hey Ann, I moved my blog... it's now at http://subversivesewer.wordpress.com
Hope to see you there!
-Nikki aka candyo
ouch.
I understand completely though, and feel your pain.
Ouch. Perhaps a cutting break? (Ok, I wouldn't take one, either.)
It's the seemingly small accidents, etc that seem to cause the most pain. I feel for you and cannot believe you actually got that pattern cut out. I hope you have help cutting fabrics or you're really going to be in pain!!
Post a Comment