
I was shopping for a laptop case the other day, and I came across this beauty. Of course, any accessory I carry has to be fabulous, non? Well, this one called to me across the store. I had lusted after one very much like it last year. It was the same shape, but it was made of ocelot print ponyskin trimmed with bright red patent leather. I walked around the store with it for about a half hour, then put it back: it was right on the border of too expensive, so I wanted to think about it. The next morning I woke up and decided to go back and buy it and - quel horreur - it had been sold the day before. I was devastated. I checked back frequently to see if they got any more, but no, that was the only one. Sigh.
Well, I was determined not to let this one slip through my grasp. And the color! It's a beautiful egg-yolk yellow. You know what I really love about it, though? It matches absolutely nothing that I own. So in reality, it goes with everything I own. I've never been one for the matching bag/shoe/belt/gloves/whatever, even when it's been the fashion. I really love mixing it up. This bag looks fabulous with a pair of bright blue shoes I own, and it looks equally fabulous with red, tan, brown and black. It's such a fun color! This is one that I'll carry all summer long. Just looking at the color makes me smile. My friend Emmett really loved it when he saw it, so it gets the designer stamp of approval, which is always good.
Happy handbags!
13 comments:
I saw this bag in person - Ann, thank God you didn't let this one get away! If it was my bag I'd be sleeping with it.
Oh, Ann, it's just beautiful! I love the shape and the color. This is the same reason I adore my new yellow hobo - it's the only yellow thing I own so it's a nice jolt of unexpected color.
I saw this one in person too and it is absolutely F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! I am not a true handbag person since I need a tank to go back and forth with me to NYC every day (I carry a lot of entertainment - you never know when a 1.5 hour trip turns into a 4 hour nightmare!) but this one took my breathe away!!!
Luberly, simply luberly!
Fabulous and that shade of yellow is to die for. I also love mixing things, including colors.
Gorgeous bag. But where is the rest of the story? Where did you find it? Enquiring minds want to know! I love a good hunt and you had a successful one for sure.
Love the color, shape—everything! Really fabulous laptop case.
Very nice!
Love it!
Bee-U-ti-ful!!! Love the color and the shape.
Great bag Ann! LOVE the color.
It makes me want to lug a laptop around with me, just to show off the bag. The color is fantastic.
Love the colour!
Post a Comment