
I blame Gigi for this. I have been lusting after a coverstitch machine (a real one - I have a cheap home one) for quite some time. Last week I called Reliable, my industrial sewing machine dealer, and asked Bill if they had any in. As a matter of fact, they had just finished working on a Kansai 3 needle upper/lower CS machine, and they were readying it to put on the floor. I went down and looked at it, and tomorrow I will pick it up and bring it home! Woo hoo!
Actually, since that puppy, with table and motor, is so bloody heavy, and since I had two moles removed from the back of my thigh yesterday (it sucks to have a family history of melanoma, let me tell you), I'm kind of tempted to have them deliver it. I think I'll give a call and see how much that would be.
I see a whole lotta knit sewing and binding in my future. Thanks Gigi!
Happy hemming!
13 comments:
Congratulations on your new machine. Too jealous to say anything more.
Ann, I think we must be cousins or something. We both have heart disease in the family and now we're linked by melanoma too?? Ouch about your mole removal, but good girl for getting it done.
OMGosh! WHAT is that? I have never seen anything like it. What does it do, do you know how to work it? Wow...
ongrats on your new machine.
Congrats on your new machine! How is it different from the home versions?
Woohoo! Is that the WX8803? You. Will. Love. It. Do have them deliver it if you can - coverstitch machines are extra HEAVY!
Okay...I'll be bold....lots of us are wondering. Can you explain the benefit of owning a coverstitch machine...what can you do with it? Sorry to have to ask.
L.
Will it hem DD's curtains, sew a duvet and make a tailored dust ruffle? I mean all by itself, without my involvement.....No? I guess it's not the machine I'm looking for right now, then. But you go ahead and enjoy it and blog about it so I can love it from afar.
I too would like to know what that machine is and why someone might want it, heavy or not. Is it better or worse to use than a serger? All those knobs on the right side are scary-looking.
Fabulous!
I did a bit of research on the internet and found a good site with lots of information about these machines. I want one! The home version would be fine for me. My serger is so old, it doesn't do cover stitching. I do knits and binding so I need one. Just not sure what my checkbook or hubby will say. Maybe Christmas.
Linda T, what site was that?
Thanks!
Ann
This is the website I found, Ann.
http://www.cedesign.com/familyphotos/sewing/info/cs_faq/index.html
I am so envious of your new "real" coverstitch machine. I would be excited to have a home one!
Post a Comment