Okay, back to our regularly scheduled programming. I started working on my HotPatterns clutch. I think it is going to be fabulous. But there is one little snafu. I don't have enough of the printed leather to make it as the pattern is printed. I'm going to do some creative piecing of the print and plain leathers, but before I do, I want to understand fully how this is all put together. To do that, I'm going to do a test run. This will be an as-printed version of the bag made from this reversible zebra print cotton from Gorgeous Fabrics:

I've got everything cut out, and I have interfaced all the main pieces. I'm using the reverse for the lining. The interfacing is Pro-Tailor (the same I used for my Michelle Obama Coat) from Sew Exciting. I'll try to get much of the construction done tonight and see what modifications I need to make to work the pattern and leather to my satisfaction. Stay tuned!
Oh, BTW, if the test run turns out well, it will be a Christmas gift for my BFF.
Happy sewing!
5 comments:
I absolutely adore your projects lately - my 'must sew' list is growing so quickly!
gorgeous fabric from gorgeous fabrics!
Very chic, fabrics and pattern!
Hello, I'm from the sew craft blog group 4. Can't wait to see the final clutch!
Yea! Thanks for the Seahawk sheer. We won yesterday, and I got to work at the game!
Post a Comment