Now that the Michelle Obama coat is done (for the moment), I want to make a Christmas bag. So I think I'll make an of-the-moment clutch, using HotPatterns Envelope Clutch.

I'm going to make it from some fabulous leather I bought at Leather Suede Skins. I think this will look great with the coat! The printed ponyskin will be the outer shell, and I'll line it with the lambskin.
This picture reminds me of something I left off my post yesterday. I took the photo on my ironing board. When I did the final pressing of my coat yesterday, I put a fluffy towel on my ironing board to keep the nap of the cashmere from being flattened. Also, when I did the final press, I used very light pressure and steady but not heavy steam.Today should be a good day to hunker down in the sewing room and make the purse. We got about a foot of snow yesterday and it's snowing right now. The weather folk are predicting 3-6 inches here today. So it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Here's a picture from my front door this morning.

Happy snowing!
3 comments:
Wow, look at that snow!
The pattern of your coat material is lovely!
Oh the joys of living in the North East....we've got about 24" of snow here in the "county line" east suburbs of Buffalo....and because of our rural location, the drifts are high and dense.
Why Roger wanted to build our house so far back from the road... sigh...but hey...he plows the 100 feet of it, not me, LOL!
I wonder what he'd say if I suggest he shovel the deck that wraps around 3 sides of the house....hehehehehehehe!
That's a cute pattern! I'm looking forward to seeing your creation.
Snow....would you believe that I've never seen snow in person? Never touched it? Or never tried to eat it? (Hey, I know of people who have tried that) lol. I just see it in pictures and wish I could be there.
I need to head out to the Texas Hill country where it's more likely to snow that in San Antonio, sigh.
Anywho, have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Lory
Post a Comment