Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh. My. God - This is FANTASTIC!

Photo: The Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art

You have got to check this site out: The House of Dior. Click on the link to The House of Dior for the really good stuff.

I was looking for a reference picture from the first collection that John Galliano did for Dior (not the one above, but that's pretty great too), when I stumbled across this part of the Dior Site. I had not seen this before. What a wonderful treasure trove. Pour yourself a cup of coffee, sit down and enjoy the videos. I especially love to watch the embroiderers in "The Birth of a Collection". And watching the snippets of activity in the atelier is so fun! Don't miss Galliano's tribute to Dior. M. Galliano. "I had some fun with that one." Boy, you can tell he has fun with all his collections! M. Galliano has a new fan in this girl!

Enjoy, happy inspiration, and happy sewing!

8 comments:

Summerset said...

Yes, that dress is fantastic! Wow. Thank you for a new site to browse when I need inspiration and a kick in the butt to get back to the studio!

snow said...

What a great site and I have to go out now :O(. I can't wait to come home and make that cup of coffee and watch the great video.
Thanks,
:O)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have just spent a delicious hour browsing (when of course, I should have been working!! Lol!), it is inspirational! How I would love to visit the museum! Why oh why didn't I know about it when I still lived in UK?!

I have seen the photo of the dress on your post somewhere before (can't remember where?) and it is stunning! Can you imagine actually wearing it??!! The mind boggles!

Anonymous said...

Heh..I'm looking at that dress and all I can think is, "Wow, I wonder how much that thing weighs?"

Cennetta said...

What a tasty treat. Thank you!

Diana said...

Hello,

I am from your new Sew Craft Blog Group 4. Just finished adding everyone to my blog!! Happy blogging!

Regards
Diana
http://djstoreroom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for the Dior link.
The dress is stunning.

Anonymous said...

I love John Galliano. I just want to climb under a blanket with him, drink hot chocolate, watch old movies and dish. He is so adorable!