Saturday, February 21, 2009

10 First Place Ribbons!

Can I be a proud mom for just a minute? He did great!!! 10 firsts! Okay, well... he was the only one in his division.

But still! He really did great, and he looked so, well, grown-up. Sigh...

The dress looked fantastic on Tatiana, and it held together (of course, I knew it would) through the open competition where she danced with one of the top students in the studio (and they took first, too)! Here are some pictures

First up, Paso Doble
And the jive:

And Cha Cha

or is that Samba? I don't know, I can't tell in still pictures...

And collecting ribbons:
Okay,
now I'm exhausted. I think I'm going to take a nap, retire the sequins, and start working on the Burda this weekend.

Happy sewing!

22 comments:

Bunny said...

Congrats to your son!

Sigrid said...

Congratulations too. And the dresses are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Ah -- savor the moment, proud Mom. Now, I've got to pull out and set up my favorite triple feature: Strictly Ballroom, the Japanese version of Shall We Dance and then the US version. We do love our ballroom Chez Siberia on the Susquehanna.

Meg said...

That's so great, Ann! Congrats to your adorable son, and the dress is fantastic! I'm so impressed.

cidell said...

Oh, how exciting is that?? Yay! I love the dress!

Paulette said...

Wow...how wonderful!!! You must be beside yourself...you should celebrate with wine and chocolate!!

Brooke said...

I love that your son dances. I hope when he grows up he moves to DC---we can always use more leads here! :-)

gwensews said...

That is just awesome on every level!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your son! And you deserve a huge pat on the back too, Tatiana's dress is gorgeous!

Pam Erny said...

YIPPEE ! Double congrats...to your talented son, and to you for the fabulous dresses!

TLo said...

Congratulations, darling!

Anonymous said...

Love those dresses! Great job! Great dancing.

Summerset said...

Congratulations to all! I love the way the dress turned out - this is similar to what I was picturing when I suggested the sheet drape. You've done a marvelous job!

Julia said...

Wow, what a handsome young man! Tatiana looks gorgeous due to your skillful sewing.

Lisa Laree said...

I can just add 'Amen' on the fabulous dresses!

My two cents worth is to say that when your dancing son reaches high school the girls will swoon. A boy who can dance! Be ready, Mom! ;)

Christina said...

That is awesome. He really is looking grown up!

Karla said...

He is the cutest kid! He seems to exude self-confidence. Yeah, yeah...the dress is nice, Tatiana is gorgeous, but your son steals the show, even in still photos.

Ann Made Studio said...

Congratulations to you and your son! Job well done on all accounts ;)

Vicki said...

Congratulations to DS and also to you. Dresses look great :))

Sheila said...

Congratulations to your Son! and the dresses are beautiful.

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Congratulations for your child and also congratulations on the magnificent turquoise dress.

greetings, Paco

LauraK said...

The beautiful dress is outshone only by the poise of your son. Congratulations on everything!