Friday, February 13, 2009

Foxy Brown!


Eureka!!!!

Tatiana came over today for a fit check. The bra and skirt fit her beautifully - hooray! I talked with her about the drape, and we came up with what I think is going to be perfect. A halter with a slight blouson effect to it. That's so much easier than what I was thinking about. I'm also going to make a belt from the sequin fabric and sew that to the skirt, then sprinkle the sequins on the skirt in between. Very Disco-Pam-Grier. I may end up going back and doing some on the halter. We'll see. Let me get the rest of the dress done first.

Woo hoo! Now we're cooking with kerosene!

Happy sewing!

9 comments:

Julia said...

I'm anxious to see the finished dress. I hope she will model it for you to post a photo.

Cennetta said...

Lovely progress. I like to sequin belt idea.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. The bra top looks amazing.
Make sure your battery is charged for this one!
P

Unknown said...

Wow! Really great job! Can't wait to see the final product!

Ann Made Studio said...

Beautiful! Hope you get a picture of her wearing it :)

Anonymous said...

Looks gorgeous Ann! How much did you do your regular machine and how much on your serger?

Elaray said...

"Very disco-Pam Grier"!! That made me laugh!!! Are we going to see this on the live model?

Paulette said...

Wow!!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Wowza!!! That is some outfit! Will we get to see Tatiana in the finished outfit? And there is an article in the new Allure about backstage at Dancing with the Stars. You should read the article it's pretty interesting.