4 days ago
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Uncertainty and Doubt Have No Place in my Universe
Sequins it will be, then. After talking it over with Phyllis, and sleeping on it, I think I'm going to stick with sequins from the ruffle/bra fabric to make the transition. I've had a couple of suggestions for hotfix crystals. I know they are standard bling on dance costumes, but I don't have the time right now to track down the right color (clear is not an option) and the sequins are here and available. So I'll finish the main construction of the dress and start working on the placement of the sequins. More later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree, there needs to be a transition and since you already have the right color sequins there is no reason not to use them. Hotfix crystals, while pretty and used a lot in the dance world are very, very boring to put on! I used about 300 one time on a garment and was bored to tears. I can sew sequins and beads on faster by hand!
I also like the idea of a mesh drape of some kind as opposed to the solid one. The solid one would seem to block out parts of the dancer's body, whereas the mesh would allow more of the body to be seen yet still with a little mystery. It would work well to unify with the mesh in the skirt hem, so that the mesh would not be seen only in one place.
So far, it is looking good, keep going!
It looks really good so far. The sequins will make a world of difference in blending the two fabrics together.
Could you add an overskirt of the mesh with the sequins glued on that? It would make the skirt less dense looking, more shadows and texture.
P
Post a Comment